Generic avodart

let31257

Reaction score
Hi everybody
Has anyone bought generic dutasteride (Dutas)? I just bought mine. I couldn't afford the real stuff. I've been on Propecia (actually Proscar cut in quarters) for nearly a year and a half with ok results and little side effects. My hair feels better and has thickened on top, but with little, if any, regrowth. I hoping to get some with this Dutas. Does anybody have an idea about initial dosage (.5mg)? I read at some other hair sites that it takes a while for it to build up in the body. Also has anyone used finasteride and dutasteride at the same time?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Are you just using finasteride by itself? If you are, then add 5% minoxidil, That'll give you the regrowth.
Your already got the DHT blocker. Now you need the growth stimulant (minoxidil).

BHD

JJ Gittes

Established Member
Reaction score
let31257 said:
Hi everybody
Has anyone bought generic dutasteride (Dutas)?

I just ordered Dutas (.5), after taking Propecia for 3.5 years.

This stuff is made by Dr. Reddys in India (as you know), and apparently they're a reputable firm. They make Fincar and other generic drugs, which others on this forum have vouched for. I work with a few Indians, and they both said that Reddys is kosher -- for whatever that's worth.

I don't think dutasteride takes longer than finasteride to 'build up' in the body (to start working), but it defintely has a longer half-life (i.e., the drug remains in your body much longer than finasteride).

Taking finasteride and dutasteride at the same time would be redundant, foolish, expensive and possibly dangerous. dutasteride has finasteride's bases covered plus more. Take one or the other but not both.

In any event, let's compare notes after we start taking this stuff, eh? :hairy:

let31257

Reaction score
I was thinking of taking before and after pictures using generic Avodart (Dutas) and maybe posting them if I get good results. Is there a consensus concerning the effectivness of daily dosage .5mg of dutasteride? Do we ever go to a lower dosage or maybe take it every other day or week and when does that happen?

I found this at another hair-loss website. This is what it said. Can anyone explain this?
"This is a graph showing the amount of time it takes to reach steady-state blood levels of dutasteride, versus the daily-dose."

http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/dutasteride3.htm (time to steady-state vs. dose) (46k)

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been told finasteride and dutasteride raise testosterone but thought it dropped hence the estrogen .I was thinking of adding tribulus to the finasteride to raise testosterone for better regrowth but would probably increase body hair as well .

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Where is everyone getting their generic dutasteride? I was also looking for it and do you need a script from the site you purchased it at? Thanks in advance.