gel won't stay

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alright guys, just wondering if any of you had this problem, and if you found a solution to it. Basically, for me, I try to style my hair in a sort of messy bed head look. that's how i've done it for years, as of late, with male pattern baldness creeping in, i've had to be much more careful about how i do it. So i need to style it well, to look good. The problem is, at the beginning of the day, i slap on a ton of gel, and get it to look to my liking. then, an hour layer, its like I never had any gel at all in it. its totally dry. so i put more on. Same thing later. so i'll take a whole palm full of sh*t and put it in. the same again. What the hell is the deal with this? anyone had this happen and found a good solution. its pissing me off because i can't anywhere without having my hair turn to sh*t an hour later without restyling. all i want is to get my style right, then have it stay like that. dammit.

currently using a combo of am crew structure gel, and fiber, with hairspray. i could really use some help on this if you have any advice.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you tried this but get a maximum hold or instant freeze hairspray and apply the gel then apply a coating of hairspray but instantly after that blow dry it until it gets a little stiff and then add a bit more hairspray and blow dry it again until it gets a bit harder. P.S. you could always use spike glue but just a little and it should hold the whole day with a touch of hairspray.

misterium

Reaction score
It looks like a freakin' jamboree

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
traxdata said:
Use fish styling Gel. Best on the market!!

okay, found it online. now should i get the actual gel? or the shaping cream? or the moulding wax?

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
You know spidy has got to dance to the rhythm. Trent, I am not sure if you do this but the difference for me is when I blow dry the hair spray and force it to get set right away and then apply a bit more and blow dry that way the hairspray is set and your hair is where you want it.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i would do that, but i have two roommates, and i have to wake up early in the morning (before them) since it takes me longer to "get my hair just right" so i couldn't be blowdrying at 6:15 am while they are sleeping. that would just be dick. would a fan work :)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
dd