Gefina finasteride

Exl

Reaction score
Hello people!

Well it's been a while since I last wrote here. I've been using Proscar cutted into fourths for two and a half year now and been very satisfyed with the results. I've been able to maintain almost all hair since i started with Proscar and nizoral. Recently, however, I replaced Proscar with a cheaper product, called "Gefina" manufactured by GEA (since I'm a student i tend to seek for cheaper alternatives).The product is similar to Proscar containing also 5mg finasteride.

After going on to Gefina I've experienced the worst loss ever. My scalp has begun to itch and flake and the hair keeps falling out. I also cut nizoral out several months ago because I thought it caused the itching and started to use Fructis which should also prevent itching and flaking.

Have any of u guys experiences about Gefina? Have I gone totally wrong here? What do you think I should do? And sorry for the bad english hope u are able to understand the point..

Stingray

Reaction score
I've actually never heard of it. Only generic form of finasteride I know is the drugs by Cipla (or whatever). You know, fincar, and finpecia. Your scalp condition is probably caused by ceasing nizoral. I had the same problem around the 6-7 month marks. Severe itching, hair falling out at an accelerated (even for me) pace, and a god awful smell. It was from stopping the nizoral. I'd get right back on it, and use a good conditioner like Infusium 23. Good stuff.

Exl

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, i'll just get back on nizoral and see if it's any good..

G

Exl, if you had your worst loss ever when you started "Gefina" then go back to your prior source of Proscar. It's a no-brainer. Hell, just for your piece of mind. 6 months from now if you are still losing hair you still won't know if it's because of the "Gefina," what will you do then?

BTW if you are having problems with the Nizoral then you may want to give Folligen spray a try. It has eliminated all scalp inflamation and sensitivity for me. It's around $35 for 8 oz and used once a day should last around 4 months.