FUT or FUE for 2000 grats in hairline? Hasson and Wong conversation.

Blurred Hairlines

My Regimen
Reaction score
My situation: I'm around NW2 or 3ish. The temples on my hairline are looking thin.

The reasons for why I wanted FUT are because:

1. I'm 26... it is likely I'd need another procedure down the line in my mid-30's or early 40's. I'd rather be conservative on grafts with an FUT instead of FUE.
  2. Cost... FUT is exponentially cheaper.
  3. Integrity of the grafts... I heard that FUE can sometimes go outside the donor area and have less of a regrowth rate due to trauma from the procedure.
  4. Scarring... I don't really mind the FUT scar. I keep my hair around 3 " on my sides anyways.
  5. All of these points were more or less summed up in these two sources: -- (
    ) (
    )
The Consultant at Hasson and Wong:

I contact H&W and was quoted for 1800 - 2000 graft around my hairline. I specifically asked if we could do an FUT and was told:

"Dr Hasson does not perform FUT surgeries for hairline work , sorry.

He recommends FUE in order to dense pack the grafts closer together for a solid hairline look.

Dr Wong does perform FUT’s of any type however he is conservative with his approach and may not recommend surgery for you as your hairline appears normal for your age."

Questions

1. Do you think I should go for FUE or FUT? (I know there's no images, but based on the quote of 2000 grafts and my age).
  2. Do you think FUE allows one to pack the hairline more "densely"?
  3. What are your thought on the Youtube videos I linked?

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going fue allows you to avoid the worst case horror scenario: having thinning hair on top but being forced to keep your sides long due to the scar.