Further Progression While On Dutasteride And Dermarolling (19 Y/o)

Jason Carter

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have been on Dutasteride every other day for about four months with finasteride every day. I just take the finasteride because I already had it so I figured that I might as well finish it off. In addition to this, I use a 0.5 mm dermaroller with minoxidil every day except for the 24 hours after dermaroller with a 2.0 mm for damage. As you can see, I have had further loss at the temples and also have had no cessation in shedding.

There have been some dark brown hairs sprouting along my hairline where it is currently at, but not at points that have already receded. My hair and skin feels oily, but my hair does feel a bit healthier.

What are my options at this point? Should I continue to wait a year out or add some things in and up my Dutasteride dosage to 0.5 mg every day? I really wanted to grow some of my temples back, but at this point I just want it to stop. Then maybe the dermarolling would regrow something, or I could get a transplant in the future. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Snapchat-714549364.jpg
    Snapchat-714549364.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 497
  • Snapchat-1509062742.jpg
    Snapchat-1509062742.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 497

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the looks of those temples they’ve been beyond the pale too long to be active. They’re delicate to begin with and it doesn’t take much miniaturization to end them.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure what options you have left other than a transplant once you’re hairline is confirmed as stabilized. You are already using endgame medication and there is no next step. Honestly I don’t know why you are taking both, the potential ramifications of permanently assaulting your hormonal balance in that manner are breathtaking. They are not supposed to be used together. It’s like snorting cocaine and smoking crack at the same time.

While there are instances where it is used in manner it’s under controlled circumstances when nothing is working and the individual in question hasn’t responded adversely to either and believes exponentially elevating their risk of said adverse response is worth the possibility of saving their hair. The potential impact on sexual function alone makes PFS sound nice.

Honestly, you haven’t been on either of them long enough to know for sure what effects they may or may not have and even if you do you won’t be able to distinguish what is working and what isn’t. I don’t know enough to say whether they contraindicate or not but it’s certainly possible. Between the finasteride, the dutasteride, and the minoxidil I’m kind of surprised you didn’t shed your entire head!

You need to pick one and stick with it for a year. Given that dutasteride is your most current prescription I would go that route.

Last edited:

Jason Carter

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair ultimately ended up stabilizing after a year, and that period was a big shed if I remember correctly. I have no side effects other than watery semen which was alleviated when I reduced my dutasteride usage to once every three days. You are correct that the potential hormonal ramifications of using such drugs is significant which also played a role in decreasing my usage of dutasteride! My plan is to continue taking finasteride into the future and once able, get a hair transplant. Good luck all!

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh man I feel like a dumbass not reading the date! I’m glad it worked out for you :)

Jason Carter

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh man I feel like a dumbass not reading the date! I’m glad it worked out for you :)
Not a problem my friend! For those interested in such drugs, like you said, it's very important to understand their effects and potential consequences, particularly at such a young age!
Regarding long-term hormonal imbalance, something I always considered was occasionally running a post-cycle hormone therapy treatment, which are traditionally used after taking anabolic supplements in bodybuilding. Thanks for the response!