Fungus

Reaction score
This is a thread for open minded people who are open to debate, that over masturbation can possibly be a major player in male pattern baldness for some people.

A little while back i went on anti biotics that had the known side effect of causing a fungal outbreak across the body.

I have been dealing with athletes foot for years and this has spread to the palm of my hands and the back of my knees in the last few years. I try to keep on top of it using creams that contain miconazole nitrate but it never really goes away and just comes back.

When i was on the anti-biotics the areas of my body that i have mentioned became intensely itchy and of course that triggered me to research into the known side effects of the anti biotics that i was on. It was quite interesting to learn that biological changes inside my body had an effect on fungal activity on my skin externally.

I have been abstaining from masturbation for about 8 weeks or so now but this weekend i decided to reward myself with a prolonged session. I plan to continue my regimen but from now on I will ejaculate once every two weeks as i have now learnt, that is roughly the frequency at which my body ejects my semen nocturnally.

Immediately after i ejaculatd I became weary of something that i had actually been doing for years. Itching my areas of fungal infections like mad. I always attributed the itching to the sweat on my body after orgasming but it has dawned on me that i never get itchy after a run when i sweat a whole lot more.

Now i dont suffer from major dandruff or itchy scalp problems but i do believe that there is fungal activity present to some degree in almost everyones scalp.

Is it possible that a biological change happens in my body during arousal and orgasm which aggrivates the fungus present on my skin? How relevant is fungus in male pattern baldness.

Anyone? Squeegee?

Reaction score
On a further note, a lot of people in this forum have reported an itchy scalp after masturbating.

I believe my regimen of abstinenece could be working. I have small vellus hairs on my temples and my hair is a lot thicker overall. I do attribute most of this to coming off finasteride which kept me in a state of permanent Telogen Effluvium because of the uprated Testosterone levels. But i think not masturbating has also helped a lot by not spiking my T and DHT levels after ejaculation.