Functions of DHT(Dihydrotestosterone)

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
People often mention what DHT has done to them,but here i am posting what are exactly functions of DHT ,the pic is what i am studying right now for post graduation Medical.(dr Sakshi Arora India who takes references from Leon speroff master of reproductive endocrinology)

Attachments

• IMG_20150626_152133.jpg
    IMG_20150626_152133.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 305

abcdefg

Reaction score
Nifty but a lot of those functions of DHT might be more before puberty verses after. DHT has functions we all know that, but right now its go bald or inhibit DHT. Thats the choice you cant leave DHT alone and stop male pattern baldness or we would all do that instead. Also finasteride only inhibits type 2 so there is plenty of DHT left it does not remove DHT.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any discrepancy between DHT function before puberty and after puberty?

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
This is the text from Gyanaecology:When the genotype of fetus is XY,the y chromosome makes DHT to work on gonads which are not change to either Testis or Ovary to change in to Testis at about 7 to 8 weeks of gestation period.This means without DHT,Testis cannot formed that means you cannot me male without it.If DHT is absent like in XX genotype,the gonad change in to ovary at 10 weeks of gestation period and female is formed.