Fully Functioning Skin (with hair follicles)

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Supposedly that article was false. The correct article is being released mid April. Tsuji could be jumping into human trials right away for all we know. With Japan's new regulatory pathway we may see something much sooner than 5 years actually if hes jumping right away into clinical trials. Idk if anyone can chime in, but isnt replicating hair follicles outside and implanting them back into ur head considered safer, thus taking less time to bring to market? I feel like I heard that somewhere.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Supposedly that article was false. The correct article is being released mid April. Tsuji could be jumping into human trials right away for all we know. With Japan's new regulatory pathway we may see something much sooner than 5 years actually if hes jumping right away into clinical trials. Idk if anyone can chime in, but isnt replicating hair follicles outside and implanting them back into ur head considered safer, thus taking less time to bring to market? I feel like I heard that somewhere.
They're going to be replicating the DP and Epithelial cells so they can inject them back into the scalp, where a follicle will develop. It would take too long and be too inefficient to multiply actual follicles in vitro and then implant them into the scalp.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm praying Tsuji doesn't come out and say it's gonna take 10 years to bring his treatment to market. I don't want to be bald till 27.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
They're going to be replicating the DP and Epithelial cells so they can inject them back into the scalp, where a follicle will develop. It would take too long and be too inefficient to multiply actual follicles in vitro and then implant them into the scalp.

Ahh thanks for the clarification. Even if it takes a bit longer this is a better solution imo, less invasive and probably cheaper.

abcdefg

Reaction score
How about a way to simply keep existing hair? Propecia as we know isnt perfect and its been what 25 years since then?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"However, organ-inductive stem cells in a wide variety of organs, except hair follicles, exist only during embryonic organogenesis. Thus, we must develop techniques to reconstitute a wide variety of bioengineered organ germs using pluripotent stem cells, such as embryonic stem (ES) cells and induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells."

This quote from the paper's introduction further soldifies my belief that the Riken Center has found a way to replicate hairs independent of this iPS cell study. They are implying that they've discovered a way of replicating hair follicles without embryonic organogenesis. This bodes well for their upcoming partnership announcement. My only reservation is whether or not they've discovered a way to make the hairs erupt correctly and in the right direction. Do any of you know if they've solved this particular problem?