Fully Functioning Skin (with hair follicles)

Reaction score
How would you use that in a hair loss treatment scenario? Transplant the whole skin on bald patches or just use the hair that you grew on that skin for a conventional hair transplant??

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
How would you use that in a hair loss treatment scenario? Transplant the whole skin on bald patches or just use the hair that you grew on that skin for a conventional hair transplant??

I believe youd harvest just the hair follicles like you would be from the back of your head but now with unlimited follicles in a petri dish, and transplant them in the front of your head.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
So when do trials begin? :gay2:

Im kinda confused, about what Swoop was saying, but if the previous press release was right, then within 3 years, theyll know if it works in human, and that company will bring it to human trials. In japan they just need to prove its safe, which would take maybe another one or two years. So best case scenario like 5 years :(, and thats assuming this article is true (http://asia.nikkei.com/Tech-Science...rma-teams-with-lab-to-research-hair-loss-cure). Either way I think we can be somewhat sure we'll have a final cure in the next decade, and there are things coming out that will def bridge us until then imo.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im kinda confused, about what Swoop was saying, but if the previous press release was right, then within 3 years, theyll know if it works in human, and that company will bring it to human trials. In japan they just need to prove its safe, which would take maybe another one or two years. So best case scenario like 5 years :(, and thats assuming this article is true (http://asia.nikkei.com/Tech-Science...rma-teams-with-lab-to-research-hair-loss-cure). Either way I think we can be somewhat sure we'll have a final cure in the next decade, and there are things coming out that will def bridge us until then imo.
That article is incorrect. We won't have anything resembling a timeline until the Riken Center makes their partnership announcement in mid April. All signs point to them being close to pre-clinical trials, but don't get you're hopes up until we have something more definitive this month.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also worth noting that the original article you started the thread with seems to conflate Tsuji's hair follicle work with other research for skin regeneration.

- - - Updated - - -

And y'all better hope Tsuji doesn't die of a heart attack because he's the only one who can cure this disease.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing I don't get ... like - at all. How does DHT fit in with that theory of ageing cells and accumulated DNA damage mentioned in the article?

Also, there's something unnerving about articles on hair loss popping up on April 1st of all days. Not that I'm questioning their authenticity, there's just a twisted kind of irony to it given the state of affairs in hair loss research.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The article was very poorly done. DNA damage doesn't really factor into Tsuji's hair follicle work. I think that's just explaining a potential cause of baldness. The DNA damage stuff is most likely going to be an issue that CRISPR can solve.

- - - Updated - - -

Great find Xaser94. This is good news that Tsuji is marketing himself and his company in the press.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
He needs TEN more years??? This is such ****. The cure is there but I have to wait THAT LONG?! What the ****.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score

quote for the lazy. It says sometime in the next ten years. Which means its inclusive. So it could anytime before that as well right? Maybe Im grasping at straws lmao. But if he his partnering with a company in Japan, I see it taking less.We will see in mid april with the new press release I guess for sure.

"However, like with most exciting science news, we're still talking about rodent transplants; human cells haven't been brought into the mix yet. Optimistically, Tsuji said, they're looking at sometime in the next 10 years."

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
quote for the lazy. It says sometime in the next ten years. Which means its inclusive. So it could anytime before that as well right? Maybe Im grasping at straws lmao. But if he his partnering with a company in Japan, I see it taking less.We will see in mid april with the new press release I guess for sure.

"However, like with most exciting science news, we're still talking about rodent transplants; human cells haven't been brought into the mix yet. Optimistically, Tsuji said, they're looking at sometime in the next 10 years."

You made things more clear man, good job active guy !

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol we're all gonna have Ronald Reagan amounts of hair into our 90's.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
He needs TEN more years??? This is such ****. The cure is there but I have to wait THAT LONG?! What the ****.

There will be treatments that will help us bridge the gap until then coming out soon. Samumed still in the game. So is Histogen and Replicel who are both aiming for 2018. A Samumed update is due this month as well as from Histogen. Replicel is only waiting on Japan beuracracy regarding new stem cell deregulations. Theres also Kelopesia which we'll find out more about this month. More about Dr. Giovanni Brotzu's hair loss lotion by next January. Follicum will finish 2a by the end of this year and will be on phase 2b by 2017.Theres alot to be hopeful about/bridge us over much sooner.

Id be lying if me being in my early twenties didnt make this news lift my spirits maybe more than others, but seeing that there are things such as organ regeneration at all, kinda makes aging less scary. Being 90 with a full head of hair, perfect skin, and regenerated teeth, a working ****. Like c'mon who wouldnt be cool with that lmaoo

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It'd be just my luck that I get blindsided by a car as I'm walking out of the hair regeneration clinic!

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
lmaooo, hopefully self driving cars come out even sooner than the cure.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who's stuck to a timeline in recent years, especially with more advanced treatments like this?

tumblr_inline_nac4f4e2Yv1ry9a5l.gif

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL if he claims within 10 years, I bet it's closer to 15-20. Who's stuck to a timeline in recent years, especially with more advanced treatments like this?
As soon as a private company starts funding pre clinical studies, Tsuji is gonna have the impatient fire of capitalism burning directly beneath his ***. Let's wait for his announcement to pass judgement.

- - - Updated - - -

It turns out this is not an announcement that has anything to do with Tsuji's hair regeneration specific work. This is just talking about the development of dermal and epidermal skin. Here's a link to Riken's press release.

http://www.riken.jp/en/pr/press/2016/20160402_1/

They're working with IPS cells for this field of research, so they have to iron out some discrepancies between the native cell and the in vitro cell. The 10 year timeline is for full skin replacement, which is extremely exciting in and of itself.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
As soon as a private company starts funding pre clinical studies, Tsuji is gonna have the impatient fire of capitalism burning directly beneath his ***. Let's wait for his announcement to pass judgement.

- - - Updated - - -

It turns out this is not an announcement that has anything to do with Tsuji's hair regeneration specific work. This is just talking about the development of dermal and epidermal skin. Here's a link to Riken's press release.

http://www.riken.jp/en/pr/press/2016/20160402_1/

They're working with IPS cells for this field of research, so they have to iron out some discrepancies between the native cell and the in vitro cell. The 10 year timeline is for full skin replacement, which is extremely exciting in and of itself.

Thanks for the clarification bro, so I guess theres still hope that Tsuji may start testing on humans sooner in regards to hair regeneration specifically.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Lol I thought the whole "5 years away" thing was a joke. Even with meticulous calculations, everything is always 5 years away.

This must be some sort of sick joke from God.