Full Headbond With Thin Skin, How I Get The Perfect Alignment Most Of The Time

LeBlanc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Title.

I said most of the time because sometimes when I panic or when I’m in a hurry I mess it up as well, and that leaves wrinkles on my system which sucks. But if I take it slow, then the result is satisfying most of the time.

My method is:
1) Ensure scalp and system are clean thoroughly without any residue - wipe both with 99% alcohol.
2) Put the system on. Adjust however you like. Take your time to get that perfect adjustment (I use two mirrors, 1 at the front and 1 at the back to help me get the edges perfect).
3) Use an alice band/head band to keep the system in a fixed position.
4) Lift the back half of the system up, fold it to the front, wipe the scalp with alcohol again to avoid sweaty scalp during the positioning. Apply scalp protector, apply glue, let dry until tacky.
5) carefully roll the back half down, leave a few minutes for the glue to set in.
6) use an eyeliner to mark the hairline, lift the front half up and do the same for the front half.

I don’t know if anyone has been doing this or has posted this before, but at least this works for me... most of the time,

I also do it the traditional way - attach from the back to the front in one go, but I tend to mess up more.

Pros: perfect alignment, easy to work with
Cons: takes double time to install because you have to wait for the bond to dry twice.

Last edited:

Tommo1

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long do you find you can leave the system on without having to do a service?

LeBlanc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Longest I’ve had was 12 days, then I decided to take it off because sweat already built up,

That was using walkertape ultrahold in the summer heat of Australia.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't take it off completely any more. I used to, but the stress of aligning it correctly was too much and it took too long... and was never perfect. So I just do the half/half method i.e. pull up the back half, clean it and re-attach, then do the same with the front half.

If you do detach completely, then I would recommend using something like Adjust-a-bond (or alcohol) which u spray onto the scalp just before you are going to re-attach. This will give you around a minute to slide the piece into the perfect position , and to iron out any wrinkles.