Fueling Testosterone and Preventing Hair Loss???

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
I would be very skeptical myself of anything that claims it helps hair through potent antioxidant activity. Anyone eating a decent diet is getting plenty of antioxidants and I can honestly say I have seen a ton of bald guys that eat very good diets. Most of the supplements just do not work when it comes to hair they are not potent enough.

No that is not correct at all, average amaerican diet causes cancer and all other cronic disease. The soil that our food is growth in has almost no nutient value anymore.

If you haven't read the next generation of combating hair loss is coming from supplement/herb derivatives.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
I emailed primordial performance regarding Toco-8 Verses Toco-sorb and got a reply within 5 minutes....
The Tocotrienol extraction is basically an unpreserved food that is very sensitive to degradation through heat.

We offer a canned powder, which we import directly from Carotech, bottle in our own facility and keep under refrigeration until the order ships. From the time it's extracted from the palm fruits to the time it gets to our customers hands is a matter of weeks. This is more than can be said for a gel cap that is exposed to extensive heat for the encapsulation process, plus added months from Carotech > manufacturer > distributor > wholesalers > customer.

If it was plain ol vitamin E it wouldn't make much difference, but your dealing with a biologically active extraction. Freshness is key.

Eric Potratz
Primordial Founder

Toll Free 1.800.568.2924
Direct - 1.541.255.2900
Fax - 1.541.687.5942
Cell - 1.541.510.9399

Primordial Performance LLC
1292 High Street
PMB 228
Eugene, OR 97401
USA

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Finally got my 3 tins of toco8 // should i refrigerate it then? doensnt indicate anything on the tin ... and the powder doesnt dissolve well in water, or juice alone .. it seems better to mix it with something thicker and the taste is very mild

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, refrigerate them. You are meant to.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
the Last Fight said:
Finally got my 3 tins of toco8 // should i refrigerate it then? doensnt indicate anything on the tin ... and the powder doesnt dissolve well in water, or juice alone .. it seems better to mix it with something thicker and the taste is very mild

I think I read on the anabolic minds forum you're supposed to refrigerate it. Often times I don't mix it with anything, I honestly just don't think the powder mixes well. Usually I'll just throw a scoopfull down my mouth and chase it with water, or as is often the case emerald balance.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Okay explain to me this. What is the american diet when america as we all know is a melting pot of different cultures most of which keep there diet. No one I know eats a diet exactly like anyone else. I know lots of people that eat very healthy diets and they bald or do not bald exactly like everyone else. I know people that are vegetarians that eat only fruits and vegetables which as far as I can discern have higher antioxidant amounts then any other foods on the planet yet they bald with about the same frequency as anyone else. Its obviously not diet and its not antioxidants. People want to just say its everything under the sun. Its mainly androgens so far and other certainly other things are at play but its not antioxidants to any significant degree for anyone with a good diet which lots of people these days eat because everyone nowadays is health conscious.
There is one very simple observation in everyday life that easily proves androgens are most likely the main culprit. Just look at 60 year old women and compare them to there husbands. Most women have nearly all of there hair at old age. So obviously its hormone related such as estrogen, DHT, testosterone among others which is the main difference between men and women and clearly explains the difference in hair. I mean without even knowing anything that science knows you can go from that one observation. The thing that differentiates men and women is hormones and clearly that causes hairloss in people susceptible to it.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Okay explain to me this. What is the american diet when america as we all know is a melting pot of different cultures most of which keep there diet. No one I know eats a diet exactly like anyone else. I know lots of people that eat very healthy diets and they bald or do not bald exactly like everyone else. I know people that are vegetarians that eat only fruits and vegetables which as far as I can discern have higher antioxidant amounts then any other foods on the planet yet they bald with about the same frequency as anyone else. Its obviously not diet and its not antioxidants. People want to just say its everything under the sun. Its mainly androgens so far and other certainly other things are at play but its not antioxidants to any significant degree for anyone with a good diet which lots of people these days eat because everyone nowadays is health conscious.
There is one very simple observation in everyday life that easily proves androgens are most likely the main culprit. Just look at 60 year old women and compare them to there husbands. Most women have nearly all of there hair at old age. So obviously its hormone related such as estrogen, DHT, testosterone among others which is the main difference between men and women and clearly explains the difference in hair. I mean without even knowing anything that science knows you can go from that one observation. The thing that differentiates men and women is hormones and clearly that causes hairloss in people susceptible to it.

I'm a firm believer that stress and lifestyle can affect someone's complexion and how attractive they look. I also tend to notice that the people who look younger at old age tend to be more content and happy than people who don't age as well.

Also, how sure are you of what you know to be a healthy diet? You would be surprised with the amount of preservatives and other chemicals they put into food, both animal and plant products. In japan hair loss was unheard of until the last century when they started implementing more of a westernized kind of diet.

I have no doubt that some people really do have the genetics for it and it is more aggressive for them, but I'm on the milder side of things and I think that I can at least slow it down with a better diet and a more positive lifestyle. Hair loss is also inarguably tied to aging, so wouldn't it be logical that if you stayed younger for longer your hair would benefit as well? Just because you might be susceptible doesn't have to mean that it isn't preventable.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my Toco-8. Reminds me of custard powder to look at. Has a mild and slightly fruity taste which is not unpleasant. Been taking it for a couple of days and I'm still alive. Feel pretty good today in fact.

Oh, bought a few botttles of Toco-sorb off Ebay as well. Cheaper but a slight question mark over its effectiveness compared to Toco-8. Assuming either of them doing anything naturally. :whistle:

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Yuber said:
Nineteen patients (14 men and 5 women)
11 got Toco-8
8 got placebo
One volunteer had regrowth of more than 100%. The mean percentage of increase in the number of hairs is 42.4±40.9% (mean±superdrol)

19? Wow, that's a small study to claim something to be an alternative to finasteride. lol

For those that ordered Toco-8, remember to double the serving size since the double dose was the one that was "clinically effective".

This isn't a unique product. Among others, Now Foods got the same tocotrienol source in their True E-bio complex.

The producer of Toco-8 writes this about a- alopecia:
Perhaps those with androgenic alopecia would best be served to use Toco-8 as an adjunct to their finasteride therapy. (long as the side effects from the drug are acceptable to them. Most men I speak to have a hard time determining what’s more important – erections, or a full head of hair)

As far as Toco-8 boosting T so much as to significantly increase DHT to counter the positive effects on Toco-8 for hair loss is very farfetched IMO. If this where the case, we wouldn’t have seen an improvement in all individuals in the study. Besides, the positive effect of Toco-8 on the T levels would be considered mild in most. (unless they are deficient in Vit E)

Primordial Performance responds to people on this forum. There seems to be a lot of people there allready testing it out for us, saving us some time and money :).
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/

Hmm. Is this stuff good for male pattern hair loss as well or were the participants just suffering from temporary hair loss?

Established Member
Reaction score
not toco8 but sesamin.... I've taken this daily for near on a year religiously (3 times daily).
Helped with my weight but did jack all for my hair....

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
zxAddict said:
Got my Toco-8. Reminds me of custard powder to look at. Has a mild and slightly fruity taste which is not unpleasant. Been taking it for a couple of days and I'm still alive. Feel pretty good today in fact.

Oh, bought a few botttles of Toco-sorb off Ebay as well. Cheaper but a slight question mark over its effectiveness compared to Toco-8. Assuming either of them doing anything naturally. :whistle:

I'm currently taking Toco-Sorb to see what it does.

On the label it says it's 2-3 times more bioactive than other tocotrienols, but who knows.

Established Member
Reaction score
so it's been a good while now since this thread started...
anyone feel this has helped them?

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
For hair I frustratingly have to say no, but i think it has helped with my cardio .. but ill stop using it once my supply is up.