FUE with neck hair?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Wondering if any Doctor would cosider goign that route. the hair seems to be the same as the hair growing on the head..

it would kill 2 birds with one stone!

jeffsss

Reaction score
sadhairloss said:
I got a jungle back there.

I thank God for providing me so much in abundance.

i'm not saying that it can be done. I dont see why it cant be.

i have quite a bit too.. i shave it weekely.

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
this has been posted before but met with "doctors think that nape hair will eventually fall out so it is not viable" and "it will leave visible scarring" replies....(not exact quotes btw).

Personally i agree that this neck hair would be GREAT as transplant hair to "kill two birds" as you said. WHo knows if there is a 'tested' answer out there?

G

mg82 is right and that is the general consensous between the docs that I was impressed with as well. Also, I have heard of the variances of growth cycles, the texture, and the length characteristics.

TOMOMASTA

Reaction score
Neck hair would go well in hairlines, its more softer than side hair... Ive sen it done, and it looks very natural...

G

Yes it is indeed softer and finer in it's characteristics and I too have seen it harvested using FUE.

But again the real critical issue with nap hair is "how permanent is that hair" in contrast with terminal hair from the scalp region. That's the challenge in the decision for any patient trying to make because there is a lack of clinical data. The clinical trials would show the exact location of extraction sites, then further documentation of yield, duration of growth cycles, length of growth within defined time intervals, etc. If anything the data could help distinguish those follicules between scalp and body regions considering the differences in their respective growth cycles.

G

sadhairloss,

Have you heard anything about noticable scarring in that area?