Fue With Dr Reddy April 2018 At Selston Clinic

UKSpurs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I checked this forum a lot when researching my own hair transplant, so thought I'd chart my FUE journey here.

I had FUE with Dr Reddy at the Selston clinic in Nottinghamshire. I paid £6000 for about 3500 hairs.

Before

tempFileForShare_2017-11-13-15-58-15~4.jpg

Screenshot_20180416-115220~2.png

IMG_2001.JPG

Immediately after

IMG_2005.JPG

9 days following FUE

IMG_20180416_204957.jpg IMG_20180416_204933.jpg

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
wassup my uk brother

very interested to see how this turns out for a bunch of reasons

please stick around and give regular updates throughout the year

cheers bro good luck

PepsiCola

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you get such a cheap price with Dr Reddy? When I went for a consultation at the Harley Street 'The private clinic' where he is based or so I assume he is, they charge £2.50 per hair so £2.50-£7.50 per graft and estimated for me 2000 grafts/4000 hairs roughly at £10,000 doesn't sound right that he has done it for you so cheap where I have seen him advertise with his own company the exact same price and he seems fairly busy.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He did my FUE there 7 years ago. Not overly happy with it! The amount of meds i had to be on after was problematic too.

PepsiCola

My Regimen
Reaction score
He seems to have a good reputation from what I hear? The only meds they advised was finesteride.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't go back. Too expensive, too cautious & left me without any density.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to a clinic in Leeds and asked what they could do for me. It turned out that the surgeon there had been trained by Dr Reddy, despite not talking about money she said she would lower my hairline to make it look more natural for £6k with1.5k grafts. I have a huge bald spot on my crown she didn't even want to mention! Unbelievable! I walked out shortly afterwards.

PepsiCola

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would finesteride not help solve the bald spot?

I am currently looking for a surgeon in London going to meet with Hair loss clinics Dr Mir Malkani saw some photos of his work they emailed me and it seems pretty good but theres nothing about him online anywhere its so hard to find someone with a good reputation in the UK you would think for what they charge and the client base someone decent would set up a practice here and take over, will see what he has to say when I meet him in person.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would finesteride not help solve the bald spot?

I am currently looking for a surgeon in London going to meet with Hair loss clinics Dr Mir Malkani saw some photos of his work they emailed me and it seems pretty good but theres nothing about him online anywhere its so hard to find someone with a good reputation in the UK you would think for what they charge and the client base someone decent would set up a practice here and take over, will see what he has to say when I meet him in person.
Its the mother of all bald spots so no finasteride has done nothing to reverse or keep my hair there.

Good luck with your search but if they charge by the hair walk out and try again.

UKSpurs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Erm it’s quite obvious really if you are having your hair done in London, expect to pay significantly more because well..... it’s London and everything costs more. Dr Reddy himself says it costs more because the use of the facilities there costs more. I had mine done outside of Nottingham. He’s does a couple of days there at a weekend every month.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Erm it’s quite obvious really if you are having your hair done in London, expect to pay significantly more because well..... it’s London and everything costs more. Dr Reddy himself says it costs more because the use of the facilities there costs more. I had mine done outside of Nottingham. He’s does a couple of days there at a weekend every month.
Like you I had mine done Selston clinic. Knowing what I know now I should have gone abroad.

Last edited:

UKSpurs

My Regimen
Reaction score
7 years ago is a long time. Perhaps his skill etc has improved. If you weren’t happy, did you not ask for a correction?

I consulted with Dr Erdogen in Turkey via email, but I felt the graft amount he wanted to do was extreme. I also didn’t like the hairline design. I was able to meet Dr Reddy at the Selston clinic and discuss what I wanted months before the procedure, the fact it was only a 30 min drive away really appealed to me.

By the time I added on flights for Turkey it wasn’t that much more expensive from what I recall. I’m sure there are other good doctors on Turkey and Europe but the ones that kept popping up were Reddy and erdogen, so I wanted to use one of them.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you are getting confused a little with the graft/ hair count issue. Its no problem I did the same, you got 3500 hairs which equates to about 17-2000 grafts. So you paid £6k for 2000 grafts. It may be that you only needed 2000 grafts but that is expensive compared to Erdogen(who is the most expensive surgeon in Turkey). For £4k in Turkey you can get unlimited grafts(or many as your donor will allow to fix the problem) in some very good clinics.

UKSpurs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not confused at all in that regard, just confused why you didn’t state you were unhappy to the Doctor? Or did you and nothing was done?

I can only go on my experience, as I said, I wanted Reddy or Erdogen. If I recall Erdogen was just over £5000 ( this was the amount after I added on flights). But if anything went wrong or I wasn’t happy, I wanted the piece of mind that I could have follow ups in Selston 1:1 with the doctor. This is easy as it’s only 30 mins drive away.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not confused at all in that regard, just confused why you didn’t state you were unhappy to the Doctor? Or did you and nothing was done?

I can only go on my experience, as I said, I wanted Reddy or Erdogen. If I recall Erdogen was just over £5000 ( this was the amount after I added on flights). But if anything went wrong or I wasn’t happy, I wanted the piece of mind that I could have follow ups in Selston 1:1 with the doctor. This is easy as it’s only 30 mins drive away.
I did state that I wasn't happy with the density he said that I should use a concealer.

UKSpurs

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not a great answer, I’d have been livid. How much was your procedure, how many grafts? Do you have pics?

I questioned the paperwork before I signed. I asked what my density would be and he said it would be very close to my original density. He stated I should have an amazing result. If I don’t, I’ll be straight back. But to be fair Dr Reddy and his team have been very good at reassuring me with any concerns.

UKSpurs

My Regimen
Reaction score
1D691BCD-070F-4D78-BF3B-3382753D0C9E.jpeg
49F382B7-D173-48F9-A775-30043DFFF021.jpeg

Results at exactly 3 months. Some little dots of hair coming through but nothing great as yet. Donor area scarring is pretty much unnoticeable.

Been taking propecia 1mg once a day and applying regaine foam 5% once a day. I know your meant to use regaine twice a day, but it makes your hair look and feel awful. So I just put it on at night, usually after a shower. I’ll probably update again after 6 months. Fingers crossed I get the result I want.

UKSpurs

My Regimen
Reaction score
964E577C-4248-451A-82D7-866D1B99F120.jpeg
D8EB36FF-D119-48A3-BC01-AF2F424C6190.jpeg
4E156C6A-BAFE-49BD-93E8-BC43729C849F.jpeg

I have more detailed progress on another forum. These are photos of the results at one year (April 2019).