Fue Transplant In Australia - Dr Chan

jaa1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experiences/feedback regarding Dr Chan in Sydney?

Thanks

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna tell you the defining advice you need. Don't get a hair transplant in Australia or it will ruin your life. Not only will it ruin your life, but it will cost five times that of a surgeon twice as good in Europe or Asia. If you have the money for Aussie surgeons, you can afford someone like Civas, Hassan and Wong or Rahal who would do 10 times the job.

Do you have pictures? It makes it easier to see who you would benefit from.

ztoz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical doctors who qualify in Australia are some of the best doctors in the world because for students to enter medicine in Australia , they usually have to have a score close to 100% in their final high school examinations to enter medical training and the competition is extremely high for places in medicine at universities and a student surgeon does about 12 years training before they can practise .
In Australia there is medical speciality training which is very high quality training and for long training periods such as plastic surgery and most other forms of surgery training , hair transplant surgery is not classed as a medical speciality in Australia and can be performed by any registered medical doctor with limited extra training after they graduated from university with a medical degree
In selecting a surgeons for any type of cosmetic surgery , it is wise for economical reasons to stay away from surgeons in high cost of living cities because surgeons expect high incomes to keep up with the high cost of living .
Sydney and Melbourne in Australia are high cost cities to practise medicine .
For 3 million dollars in Sydney Australia you don't get much of a house in a reasonable suburb and the cost of staff and surgery overheads are very high in the big cities of Australia .
You get the best value cosmetic surgery in countries where the over heads are low and the cost of living is reasonable .
Australia surgeons usually can't afford to pay for a large surgical assisting teams such as countries like Turkey or Thailand .

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical doctors who qualify in Australia are some of the best doctors in the world because for students to enter medicine in Australia , they usually have to have a score close to 100% in their final high school examinations to enter medical training and the competition is extremely high for places in medicine at universities and a student surgeon does about 12 years training before they can practise .
In Australia there is medical speciality training which is very high quality training and for long training periods such as plastic surgery and most other forms of surgery training , hair transplant surgery is not classed as a medical speciality in Australia and can be performed by any registered medical doctor with limited extra training after they graduated from university with a medical degree
In selecting a surgeons for any type of cosmetic surgery , it is wise for economical reasons to stay away from surgeons in high cost of living cities because surgeons expect high incomes to keep up with the high cost of living .
Sydney and Melbourne in Australia are high cost cities to practise medicine .
For 3 million dollars in Sydney Australia you don't get much of a house in a reasonable suburb and the cost of staff and surgery overheads are very high in the big cities of Australia .
You get the best value cosmetic surgery in countries where the over heads are low and the cost of living is reasonable .
Australia surgeons usually can't afford to pay for a large surgical assisting teams such as countries like Turkey or Thailand .

Good comment. Adding to the economic argument, I would also say that because prices are so high due to economic reasons, it substantially lowers demand. Because of this, we have almost no full time hair transplant surgeons and clinics set up from the ground up to be hair transplant clinics. This means a lack of skill and prices tend to be inelastic as only the rich who refuse to travel will utilise Australian transplant surgeons, ultimately equating to low competition. Low competition results in a lack of incentive to lower prices or increase quality.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jaa1 look up Dr Ray Woods on the forums and youtube. He is the doctor that brought FUE to the market 20 years ago as a way to avoid the decimation that was being created by the strip only guys. In fact at the same time the strip guys were offering larger and larger procedures. It was like a race for them to see how high it could go at the expense of the patient. Yeah we sold him the 8000 graft procedure high fives all around. Dr. Woods marketed FUE as a safe alternative and if you look at the number of extractions on an average procedure they were very small compared to what you see today and you would have to guess his yield was close to 100% judging by the coverage.

So if his procedures were on the smaller side why do you suppose that happened to be? Because it was suppose to be safe and keeping with the long term welfare of the patient. Fast forward to today and why do you see these clinics most especially Turkey performing large sessions like those strip clinics years ago? Because they don't give a rat's *** about the patient and by the time the patient figures it all out 10 years down the line it will be too late.

Consider a consultation with Dr. Woods and maybe you can learn something from a doctor with an actual history. He could have made loads of money performing mega procedures that don't support donor numbers long term but he chose not to..............Turkey on the other hand is about making as much money as possible before it all implodes. Get all the boys and girls to extract as many grafts as possible then give them a little bonus to keep it all going. This is why the marketers are consistently working the young guys on the forums. got to make that bonus.

When Dr. Woods did need to go with higher numbers it included body and beard hair because patient's had their donor areas decimated by unethical doctors. I know this patient and he is a good guy. Don't let what happened to him happen to you by the new cowboys performing mega fue procedure. Many repair patients fell into a trap same as today. Different techniques but same trap it's gets deeper and deeper.

Last edited:

David Borsani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jaa1 look up Dr Ray Woods on the forums and youtube. He is the doctor that brought FUE to the market 20 years ago as a way to avoid the decimation that was being created by the strip only guys. In fact at the same time the strip guys were offering larger and larger procedures. It was like a race for them to see how high it could go at the expense of the patient. Yeah we sold him the 8000 graft procedure high fives all around. Dr. Woods marketed FUE as a safe alternative and if you look at the number of extractions on an average procedure they were very small compared to what you see today and you would have to guess his yield was close to 100% judging by the coverage.

So if his procedures were on the smaller side why do you suppose that happened to be? Because it was suppose to be safe and keeping with the long term welfare of the patient. Fast forward to today and why do you see these clinics most especially Turkey performing large sessions like those strip clinics years ago? Because they don't give a rat's *** about the patient and by the time the patient figures it all out 10 years down the line it will be too late.

Consider a consultation with Dr. Woods and maybe you can learn something from a doctor with an actual history. He could have made loads of money performing mega procedures that don't support donor numbers long term but he chose not to..............Turkey on the other hand is about making as much money as possible before it all implodes. Get all the boys and girls to extract as many grafts as possible then give them a little bonus to keep it all going. This is why the marketers are consistently working the young guys on the forums. got to make that bonus.

When Dr. Woods did need to go with higher numbers it included body and beard hair because patient's had their donor areas decimated by unethical doctors. I know this patient and he is a good guy. Don't let what happened to him happen to you by the new cowboys performing mega fue procedure. Many repair patients fell into a trap same as today. Different techniques but same trap it's gets deeper and deeper.

Thanks Topcat. Hope you are doing well. I am so much more improved now since the video. I definitely agree 100% with you in that Patients should see DR. Woods for a Consultation. He has helped me so much through the years. I saw him last year and was told that he could do one more session on me if I choose to. I am amazed on how much I have been Improved so yes if a Patent is in Australia see him! P.S. I hope you see this message as I have lost all of my E Mails since I no longer have Cox.net. PM me as I would love to hear any updates on your progress. Topcat is a very good guy who like myself was victimized in this Industry back in the 1980s. One must really be careful when doing Hair Restoration Surgery of any type. No Body back then told us how much worse our scalps would be due to the Scarring and Pluggy looks a Hair Transplant can be. Research as much as you can and see several patients in person before you do anything. This is something the world will see and so will you everyday of your life!