Fue To Create Hairline And Frontal Density In A Nw6?

Calum

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m currently NW4 destined to be a NW6/7, therefore I won’t have enough donor hair for a full transplant, but I was wondering if high norwoods ever have transplants just to create a hairline and a little bit of density in and around the front so that they can have a buzz cut which frames the face. I’m thinking like Zinedine Zidane circa 2006.

I like having a shaved head, and would be content with a buzz cut for life if I could have something of a hairline, It is just the horse shoe pattern of baldness which I don’t like. Also the white dot scarring the FUE wouldn’t really bother me either, I don’t think it looks too bad, I think I would rather that than horse shoe bald, plus you’d never see it as it’s on the back.

Just wondering if this is possible or if anyone has tried it? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 610620CF-8DBF-42B5-9AC4-ADFE8E26E10D.jpeg
    610620CF-8DBF-42B5-9AC4-ADFE8E26E10D.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 535
  • 06F70E96-9260-4A3F-BA5A-930E0DFBF575.jpeg
    06F70E96-9260-4A3F-BA5A-930E0DFBF575.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 408
  • C9BFD060-470F-4D30-830D-59DD325EB466.jpeg
    C9BFD060-470F-4D30-830D-59DD325EB466.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 422

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might as well go for SMP. A few thousand grafts will only create an illusion of hair at your hair line and you can do that better and cheaper with SMP and get a full scalp done.

Calum

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might as well go for SMP. A few thousand grafts will only create an illusion of hair at your hair line and you can do that better and cheaper with SMP and get a full scalp done.

Cheers for the reply mate.
What do you mean it’ll only create an illusion of a hairline tho? It would physically be a hairline as it’s a transplant. Surely smp is the illusion? Tbh I’d never get smp because no one knows what happens to that ink in 30 years.. plus I wouldn’t feel comfortable telling people I’ve got fake hair tattooed on my head !

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are content with a buzz cut why do you need actual hair? Having a hair transplant is not a decision you take lightly as it is not a pleasant experience. You need to weigh it up with a reputable surgeon to see how many grafts are available to you. If you don't have 3k grafts available i wouldn't bother.

Calum

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are content with a buzz cut why do you need actual hair? Having a hair transplant is not a decision you take lightly as it is not a pleasant experience. You need to weigh it up with a reputable surgeon to see how many grafts are available to you. If you don't have 3k grafts available i wouldn't bother.

There's a huge difference between horse shoe bald and buzz cut with a hairline mate, and like I said previously I don't trust smp as no one knows what happens to it in 30 years and I wouldn't want anyone knowing I have a fake hair tattoo on my head.

My question originally was do NW6's ever do the procedure I mentioned aiming for those results . If anyone knows..?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will depend upon how many grafts can safely taken from your donor area. I have had a 2000 graft fue on my hair line but have little hair behind it. I could probably get another 5k grafts but my hair would be very thin all over so i have chosen not to bother. I don't really know how i feel about it as it looks ok when i look in the mirror but looks crap in pictures. Kind of depressing when looking at pictures of me and my family don't really recognise myself.

Calum

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will depend upon how many grafts can safely taken from your donor area. I have had a 2000 graft fue on my hair line but have little hair behind it. I could probably get another 5k grafts but my hair would be very thin all over so i have chosen not to bother. I don't really know how i feel about it as it looks ok when i look in the mirror but looks crap in pictures. Kind of depressing when looking at pictures of me and my family don't really recognise myself.

So we're you high norwood before having a hairline recreated with those 2000 grafts ? Any chance you could post a pic if so? No worries if not !

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There you go!

Attachments

• 20170822_122835 (2).jpg
    20170822_122835 (2).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 455
  • 20170822_122839.jpg
    20170822_122839.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 434

Calum

My Regimen
Reaction score
There you go!
Cheers chap.
Interesting ! I think you've got enough hair at the front for it to frame your face with a buzz cut. I guess the question is for me, will it be worth the money to achieve that framed face ish look from front on view despite looking pretty much fully bald from a lot of other angles...

I guess SMP would make more sense logistically but I would rather just be bald than have the stress of worrying if it's fading etc

Question- how come you don't rock a buzz cut? Would look sharper than your current length IMO !

Susanoo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shook has explained it pretty well in a couple other threads.

With one transplant you could re-create the hairline but your scalp would still be see through a lot. Not like Zidane in the third pic where he looks to have good density. Especially outside under natural sunlight your buzzcut would just look like your thinning out. Better than no hair or super pushed back hairline though.

Calum

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shook has explained it pretty well in a couple other threads.

With one transplant you could re-create the hairline but your scalp would still be see through a lot. Not like Zidane in the third pic where he looks to have good density. Especially outside under natural sunlight your buzzcut would just look like your thinning out. Better than no hair or super pushed back hairline though.

Everyone seems to be slighly missing the point tho. I know it wouldn't be a proper dense covering , wouldn't be able to grow it out, would look like you were balding.

But thinning hair which is buzzed to a 0 or 1 looks miles better to me than a slick bald horse shoe . Especially if the hairline shadow even slightly frames the face. It can take 15 years off

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers chap.
Interesting ! I think you've got enough hair at the front for it to frame your face with a buzz cut. I guess the question is for me, will it be worth the money to achieve that framed face ish look from front on view despite looking pretty much fully bald from a lot of other angles...

I guess SMP would make more sense logistically but I would rather just be bald than have the stress of worrying if it's fading etc

Question- how come you don't rock a buzz cut? Would look sharper than your current length IMO !
I do sometimes buzz it down to a number 2 but it doesn't look any better. The kids think it makes me look like Batman and they do have appoint, although i'm not wearing a mask/hat! Creating a hairline does just that it creates a line. I haven't seen many balding N3-5 with lines as the recession doesn't happen in lines.

I did it to frame my face as i work in sales and it is important to have people looking at my face and to what i am saying rather than my ugly bald head.

To be honest i don't really like SMP either as it depends on your skin type and doesn't work well on pasty white guys.

You need to find out how many grafts are available to you before making a decision. 5k grafts will give the illusion of hair all over your head but it will be thin.