FUE results and buzzed hair style

kirklandism

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting an FUE treatment but still want to keep my hair buzzed (#1 on a Wahl) clipper. I was wondering about density and whether at that short length, it gives the appearance of more density. I am a Norwood 5/6.

shookwun

Reaction score
No. it looks thinner the shorter it is.

1-1.5inch is the sweet spot.

Buzzed transplant will show the density difference from your native hair guaranteed. Depending on the contrast and color characteristics.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score

Buzzed transplant will show the density difference from your native hair guaranteed. Depending on the contrast and color characteristics.

Don't tell Fred that, he still thinks his hair is beautiful.

Speaking of which where is the man himself? I haven't seen him on in quite a while.

kirklandism

Reaction score

So at around 1 - 1.5 inches, the density from the transplanted area and the native area has a better blend?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Speaking of which where is the man himself? I haven't seen him on in quite a while.

IDK... Fred had a pretty awesome result. every hair is spaced perfectly, so it just looks like a normal, slightly diffused head of hair, which looks good buzzed down. That's the product of going to a good doctor. I got butchered and have transplanted hairs growing east, west, north and south right at the hairline and around my thinning, natural, native hair. I have to have a comb over to cover it, and that's getting harder by the day. I cannot cut it short, or it will look weird as hell. My only option is this treacherous life, or the even more treacherous life of shaving it completely bald.

crowngarden

Reaction score

shookwun, I have a question since you had FUE done after an FUT experience. Do you feel like your FUE procedure helped your result? Would you do it again or would you have a second FUT done instead? I'm asking because I've had a strip surgery and I'm considering having an FUE to fill it out more. Did you get any of those grafts into your strip scar? Did the FUE donor thinning out make your strip scar more visible?

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
In my opinion there is nothing more ridiculous than spending money for a hair transplant so you can shave your head. If you want to pay for hair pay for and hair transplant but to pay for an hair transplant and then shave your head makes no sense to me.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion there is nothing more ridiculous than spending money for a hair transplant so you can shave your head. If you want to pay for hair pay for and hair transplant but to pay for an hair transplant and then shave your head makes no sense to me.

The problem anyone above NW5+ is that it is very unlikely you will be able to restore anything close to natural density all over, meaning it looks like crap grown out. Better to have a buzzed down, slightly thin coverage with some sort of temple points.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree and it's a horrible situation to be in especially as a young person. Damned either way.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Problem with Freds results here presented which I now realise, is that the photos here are the best base scenario and no photos are taken from the top in daylight - outside or atleast close to window. Nothing against Fred, I like him very much and actually he inspired me to have hair transplant on my nw5 and planned to cut it short, but now I see from my own experience, that the result is 1000% dependent on lightning and if taken inside or outside. I can take very good photo inside house, but if you stand under direct artificial light or take photo in daylight from top the hairs just disapear and you see only slick skin anyway. But Im 4,5 months after hair transplant, so it might be early to tell, but only thing I would advice is dont take Freds results like 100% of reality look - most of them are taken inside in sort of shadow or are from angle which improves the look. Again- nothing againts Fred, I speak from my own experience. If Fred will post photo from top in daylight he may have better look than me.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score

He said he was on vacation.

shookwun

Reaction score
I'm going to tell you guys the biggest issue I have with transplants. Head on it looks fine, but when you arch your head back it's noticible that you have plugs because of the trasparency. it's very see through on the right angle.

When it's side parted, and you look head on it's fine.

Marcus Rubio is a good example of someone who's has a transplant, and demonstrates what I say.

it's a very odd look, but a trained eye can spot this. He appears to have a full head, but when his head is back it's almost like you know where his hair has completely eroded from despite having hair.

IYFVqTR.jpg

index.php

wJsCdcZ.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

shookwun, I have a question since you had FUE done after an FUT experience. Do you feel like your FUE procedure helped your result? Would you do it again or would you have a second FUT done instead? I'm asking because I've had a strip surgery and I'm considering having an FUE to fill it out more. Did you get any of those grafts into your strip scar? Did the FUE donor thinning out make your strip scar more visible?

I don't plan on every having another procedure again. To much stress involved.

Endless months of waiting, and waiting.

The FUE is the final piece in the puzzle for Restoration my temple points, and providing more angle closure at the temples. I did not.

Nah.. Strip is safe in the right hands. but like anything how our bodies heal can make or break an outcome. Developing kelouds, and inflammed scars is out of our reach. The scar widening. These are all possibilities despite how flawless the surgeon is.