Fue Or Fut? Photos Inside And Would Like Additional Advice!

questionsigotem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all!

Late 20's. I've had a high hair line and peak's my entire life. The slight fuzz you see in picture one in the peaks has been the line I've always had.

I'm looking at FUE to bring the peak's down about half way and fill in the area up top that's thinning. I'm on finasteride/minoxidil/nizol and hopefully that will stop any further hair loss. This is the shortest my hair has been in years. I decided to embrace it a bit and take it all down to a 2 gauge (it's grown a bit since then) for the time being. No point trying to fool myself or anyone else. The hair up top is usually much longer, styled back and the sides/back are at a 2 gauge. I'd like to be able to stay at a 2 on the sides/back in the future and have the option to shave if I lose the battle. That alone is one of the major draws to FUE. I refuse to let this get the best of me. Part of that is not chasing an infinite number of regimens to save the hair. I'm more interested in getting the inevitable over with with a transplant.

What do you think? FUE or FUT? Is FUE viable if there's continued hair loss and I'm trying to chase a NW5? I've consulted with hair docs to fill in the peaks but just in the last six months I've noticed the thinning up top and haven't discussed that with anyone. I just sent in online consults with Wong and Konior to see what they think.

Thank you!! Looking forward to what you all think!

questionsigotem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Images attached. For some context on my "natural" hairline I attached a photo from when I was around 18. As you can see.. little to no change in my peaks.

Attachments

• b6kxZcy.jpg
    b6kxZcy.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 249
  • GXlDP4c.jpg
    GXlDP4c.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 232
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

questionsigotem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking over a lot of threads the last week or so.. I'm really trying to accomplish a lot less than what I feel most of you are. I'm fine with having a high hair line and peaks as that's all I've ever had. All I want is for the line to feel "natural" for me, and the rest of my hair to feel "full" for everyone else.

Stigabe

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi man, i personally prefer FUE because the scarring after is almost not noticable.FUT just looks ugly afterwards.You look like a good hair transplant candidate.Your hair reminds me a bit of Somebodys Alex hair.Hair transplant and finasteride and minoxidil afterwards can make wonders.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't really see the hairline from your 18 year old pics. Do you have your juvenile hairline pic (perhaps 12 or so)?

Not trying to be rude or anything, but that's gotta be the one of the worse natural hairline I've ever seen, if it's always been shaped like that.

As you already said, hopefully your hair gets thicker on treatments and stabilizes in 1 to 2 years then you do a hair transplant.

questionsigotem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha. Yeah you're right but to be honest I've never thought about the line until recently. 25+ years zero thoughts. Just didn't care and honestly I felt it made me a little unique. That is until I got to the age where everyone assumes it's balding.

I'll look for older pictures.

The plan is to get a transplant in the next few months to bring down the peak and fill in up top.

questionsigotem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's another photo from five years back. More or less the same line, right? Maybe I'm fooling myself. Don't think I'm going to be able to find a photo from my juvenile years with my hair line visible. I always had some sort of bang situation going on.

Attachments

• hair4.jpg
    hair4.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 125