FUE NW3

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Realistically when will it available?

Are the extractions scar-less? Is anything different being done in the way the recipient area hairs are inserted?

Even if it is scar-less, isn't the insertion of the grafts equally important?

Is Dr. Wesley's hairline work on par with Rahal?

Watch this, it explains everything about Pilofocus:

http://vimeo.com/77919975
password: piloscopy

For traditional Hair Transplants, pilofocus will be a game changer. But if theres nothing done with regeneration, it will still be SH*T in the grand scheme of things.

cgskywalker6

Reaction score
Watch this, it explains everything about Pilofocus:

http://vimeo.com/77919975
password: piloscopy

For traditional Hair Transplants, pilofocus will be a game changer. But if theres nothing done with regeneration, it will still be SH*T in the grand scheme of things.
Wow! Even without regeneration it is superior. I think 2000 grafts will buy me 10 years. Been on the meds for 10+ years Will this be in the hands of all top surgeons? Wont it boil down to the surgeons using pilofocus coupled with their artistic placement ability?

I did some googling' and there are all kind of dates on the table - some as late as 2016.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow! Even without regeneration it is superior. I think 2000 grafts will buy me 10 years. Been on the meds for 10+ years Will this be in the hands of all top surgeons? Wont it boil down to the surgeons using pilofocus coupled with their artistic placement ability?

I did some googling' and there are all kind of dates on the table - some as late as 2016.

One of the test patients that will be in the trials starting in spring of this year mentioned smaller procedures should be available by the end of this year and larger procedures (1k or more grafts) by next year. This is HOPEFUL estimation but you and I both know how things develop in the hair loss world... REAL FVCKING SLOW.

Btw, did you notice how he mentioned you can use hair from the nape? That's basically stripping you of a lot more fine hair around the bottom area and sides which dramatically increases the number of total grafts you can extract. Personally, I'd transplant like an inch off from the bottom and move EVERYTHING to the front/top which would see huge gains on its own.

It's going to be expensive... but this is finally going to be a procedure many of us can take advantage of and use for bridging until the next best thing (it fvcking better be soon too).

I've been losing my hair for almost 10 years and I'm at NW3 without meds... one or two hair transplant's would get me back to ten years ago, I dont mind being an NW1.5, it suited me well before so Pilofocus could turn my life around dramatically.

cgskywalker6

Reaction score
One of the test patients that will be in the trials starting in spring of this year mentioned smaller procedures should be available by the end of this year and larger procedures (1k or more grafts) by next year. This is HOPEFUL estimation but you and I both know how things develop in the hair loss world... REAL FVCKING SLOW.

Btw, did you notice how he mentioned you can use hair from the nape? That's basically stripping you of a lot more fine hair around the bottom area and sides which dramatically increases the number of total grafts you can extract. Personally, I'd transplant like an inch off from the bottom and move EVERYTHING to the front/top which would see huge gains on its own.

It's going to be expensive... but this is finally going to be a procedure many of us can take advantage of and use for bridging until the next best thing (it fvcking better be soon too).

I've been losing my hair for almost 10 years and I'm at NW3 without meds... one or two hair transplant's would get me back to ten years ago, I dont mind being an NW1.5, it suited me well before so Pilofocus could turn my life around dramatically.

I think I would wait if hard evidence becomes available that pilofocus will be released this year or early next year. Ummm,yah - things develop slow, or not at all. So many false leads & hopes...

I didn't catch the nape part but that is very interesting - you could use those finer hairs for very nice hairline detail work.

How expensive do you think it will be?

Also, will this be in the hands of many surgeons, a few, or only one?

cgskywalker6

Reaction score
I think I would wait if hard evidence becomes available that pilofocus will be released this year or early next year. Ummm,yah - things develop slow, or not at all. So many false leads & hopes...

I didn't catch the nape part but that is very interesting - you could use those finer hairs for very nice hairline detail work.

How expensive do you think it will be?

Also, will this be in the hands of many surgeons, a few, or only one?

I talked to Dr. Wesley's office today, and the person I spoke with said she couldn't tell me anything about PILOFOCUS but to check the website in October... I asked if that was release date, and several other questions, but no answers except the cryptic suggestion - Website. October.

Not sure what to make of it?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I talked to Dr. Wesley's office today, and the person I spoke with said she couldn't tell me anything about PILOFOCUS but to check the website in October... I asked if that was release date, and several other questions, but no answers except the cryptic suggestion - Website. October.

Not sure what to make of it?

Take everything any corporate sheep says with a grain of salt. It's mostly bull****.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
No scarring. Maybe. But when you take a hair out, at its place, there will be no hair, and therefore, a white spot.

Unlikely and pretty much guaranteed there wont be any scarring, the follicle and hair are pulled from underneath the skin. It'd be not much different from plucking hairs. Only scar you'll see is a small incision made for the device to go underneath your skin and that's it. It's a huge step forward.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Realistically when will it available?

Are the extractions scar-less? Is anything different being done in the way the recipient area hairs are inserted?

Even if it is scar-less, isn't the insertion of the grafts equally important?

Yes the hairs are still implanted the same way so there is still a change of recipient marks and what people arent taking into consideration is the money. This is new equipment that is very expensive and will need to be payed for. Also the Acell regeneration doesnt need to only be done with this. Hypothetically if you dump Acell in the donor wound of an FUE it should have the same effect, maybe better since it is a bigger wound to regenerate (look up wounding and hair growth in mice).

Yes this is new and seems great but I Wouldnt hold out on it. I watched this long ago before mine. I actually talked to one of the docs who did mine on this topic. He was very open. He did say the doctor (he knows him from the conventions) is an utter genius and could change the way things are done (among other very nice things about him) but financing to perfect the equipment is tough right now.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hypothetically if you dump Acell in the donor wound of an FUE it should have the same effect, maybe better since it is a bigger wound to regenerate (look up wounding and hair growth in mice).

Yeah, but has it shown results? Cooley's been using ACELL for a while, right? As has Dr. Cole... so where are the results, or are they just two snake oil salesman?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but has it shown results? Cooley's been using ACELL for a while, right? As has Dr. Cole... so where are the results, or are they just two snake oil salesman?

I dont think they are SO salesman at all. Im just saying I dont think this is the magic bullet by any means. The guys I went to do Acell/PRP with dermarolling as a treatment (mainly for the crown) and swear it works. I personally was not about to jump into that though as Im still hesitant.

Im also trying to say that Acell is Acell and could hypothetically be used in any hair procedure to regenerate cells.

The real deal is eventually just going to have to be some magic topical made from some near extinct money's bones we have to clone to mass produce..... KILL THE MONKEYS!

images