Fue Not Good For Multiple Surgeries?

HTCurious

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everybody. I've got a question about FUE regarding multiple surgeries.

In considering a hair surgery, there are many aspects of FUE that are appealing to me, but I've been leaning towards FUT for one big reason: I've decided that I'm not going to take any kind of finasteride*, which will likely necessitate the need for another surgery at some point.

Are further surgeries possible after an FUE procedure? My concern is that, since the donor region for FUE is more spread out, it would make subsequent surgeries more difficult to do since I might not have any donor hair left (as opposed to FUT, where multiple surgeries would be possible since the donor region is in a concentrated area). What's your take on this?

*PS: As for why I'm not taking finasteride: I'm scared of the potential for the side effects to be permanent. I've repeatedly been assured that that is extremely rare, and I believe that, but I also believe no amount of risk is worth the possibility of never being able to become aroused again.

hair03

Reaction score
If you aren't willing to get on finasteride then you shouldn't have a procedure. You will most likely need 3 - 4 additional procedures after your first procedure down the road if you are not on finasteride.