Fue Hair Transplant 35 Y/o Norwood Class 2 Male

Bernstein Medical

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration Patient KZK was a Norwood Class 3 before his ARTAS robotic FUE hair transplant. He has slightly wavy, brown hair of medium thickness and a donor density of 2.2 hairs/mm2. His “after” photos were taken one year following his robotic hair transplant of 1,429 follicular unit grafts.

Overview:

beforeafter_fb_kzk.jpg

Before / After:

0a_before_kzk.jpg

Before Hair Transplant

0b_after_kzk.jpg

After One Hair Transplant

Detail of Hairline:

1a_before-hair-transplant_kzk.jpg

Before Transplant

1b_position-of-hairline_kzk.jpg

Position of Hairline

1c_grafts-placed_kzk.jpg

Placement of Grafts

1d_after-hair-transplant_kzk.jpg

Result After 1st Session

Top View:

Steps in hairline design and recipient site creation.

2a_before-transplant-top-view_kzk.jpg

Before Hair Transplant

2b_plannd-hairline-top-view_kzk.jpg

Position of Hairline

2c_grafts-placed-top-view_kzk.jpg

Scalp After Creation of Recipient Sites

2d_after-hair-transplant_kzk.jpg

Results After 1 Year

Donor Area:

Donor harvest using the ARTAS Robotic System.

3a_donor-area-after-procedure_kzk.jpg

Donor Site Immediately Post-op

3c_donor-area-1yr-post-op_kzk.jpg

Donor Area 1 Year Post-op

See patients with similar characteristics in the Bernstein Medical photo galleries:

Additional Resources:

Last edited:

malikaiman

My Regimen
Reaction score
FUE treatment gives impressive results with quick recovery time

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernstein Medical

My Regimen
Reaction score
FUE treatment gives impressive results with quick recovery time

Thanks for your comment, malikaiman. All FUE procedures at Bernstein Medical are performed using the ARTAS Robot and we get great results.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is now NW2,, Close to NW3A

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
So Dr. Bernstein seems to be pretty conservative with grafts. Don't think I've ever seen example of him restoring someone to full on NW1 status. Is there a reason for this? Even in cases of mild-moderate balding and finasteride use he won't go aggressive with the dense pack?

Bernstein Medical

My Regimen
Reaction score

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does Bernstein medical only perform fue by artas?

Much better results can be obtained thru manual fue (either motorized/manual punch). In addition, artas is only approved to be used in brown straight hair. This limits patients that do not fall in this category including African Americans that have a curled hair root.

Bernstein Medical

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does Bernstein medical only perform fue by artas?

Much better results can be obtained thru manual fue (either motorized/manual punch). In addition, artas is only approved to be used in brown straight hair. This limits patients that do not fall in this category including African Americans that have a curled hair root.

I occasionally use the SAFE System and more recently the Trumpet Punch for small cases, but prefer the ARTAS system for most FUE procedures due to its low transection and consistency. Although it is technically approved for a specific hair type only in males, the ARTAS System works well in both males and females and in all patients that are good candidates for FUE. We have had excellent results in African Americans, although we often need to use a slightly larger punch size. This is typical for manual FUE as well.