Fue for a good shaved look with clippers down to #1 or #2

Melvinpoorter

Reaction score
Hello,

It has been 5 years or more since i was here on the board.
I have used Fina (but it didn't work for me after 5 years of usage), and even the 6-bap-crap, haha.

Now i'm shaving with clippers down to #2 or #3. In the beginning of shaving people didn't see anymore that i was balding but now more and more people say i'm balding.

I like the shaved look, like the guy from Prison Break, even down to #1, but i hate the complete shaved look.

I think i'm now a Norwood 4 and i'm 31 years old. I don't now how i will end, mayby it will Norwood 7, mayby i will stay NW4.

I understand i never will have a hairline like the guy from PB with Fue, but for me everything is better than complete shaved.

What is the best way to do to look best with shaved with clippers. Put the grafts all over my head and restoring my hairline? Will i need less grafts with a shaved look for a good dense? Does Fue make visible scars in the back of my head.

Does anybody else here on the board who has a Fue done shave his head down to #1 or #2?

Sorry, for my bad Englisch

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
This is EXACTLY what I'm hoping to do. I currently buzz it down very short and am comfortable with this, but can't stand the bald patch, so would like FUE to thinken it up, or even just reduce the overall size of the bald spot or something so it's only noticeable when looking directly above me. I'm not bothered about getting luxurious locks of hair like Russell Brand, but would like to keep it cropped uber short and make it look out of choice rather than necessity! Or even if it's still noticeably balding - I don't mind a bit of minor loss being noticeable.

What I'm hoping is because the hair is so short, you can be a bit more liberal with grafts as less will be needed to create half decent coverage - scalp can still be visible, but if you can create an illusion of a thicker head of hair clipped down it would be ideal. It would mean if I started going from the front (though I think that would probably be the last place to go - my hair loss is quite Zidane-esque) there would still be something there.

Scarring is the issue though. They say FUE isn't completely free of scarring..

s.a.f

Reaction score
I would think that FUE patients could shave down to 1 or 2 without any problems, unless they have people inspecting their heads regularly with magnifying glasses no one is going to notice. And for a NW4 you could easily disguise/minimise the look of balding.
Just make sure that you go to a decent surgeon who wont leave scarring. Remember people get beard hair transplanted without leaving scarring.

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
The dermatologist I saw said that FUE will still leave a scattered scar and wouldn't recommend keeping it too short, but I suppose it all depends on the surgeon.

And that's the other great potential thing about clipping it short with FUE - beard hair would be ideal. I don't think body hair transplanted would look too great if you were trying to grow massive locks, but if you keep it clipped it should look just like your head hair in theory