Fue, Fine Hair Help Me Figure My sh*t Out

Cuck12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wondering how your hair transplants have bin with fine hair. I'm 24 years old with fine medium brown hair a small to mid sized head. I have a very good head shape and can rock short hair on the side to even buzzed or the bald look. I know you will say just shave it but the truth is I like hair and even if I had a further back hairline with less then average density in the back and crown I could be happy. I consulted with a top notch hair transplant surgeon who said they would give me a older hairline and work back a bit with 3000 grafts fue manual punch 0.7mm. Would also like to note that my skin colour contrast is on my favour and I have great skin for scaring the surgeon even said I did so I would use a number 2 or 1 on the sides. This was not a online consult it was face to face not 3rd country either. I'm about a Norwood 3 and have bin on propecia for about 6 years on and off but I am prepared to take it for life or use topical finasteride if I get side effects which is yet to happen. He said 3000 grafts is safe to do right now and that they can usually get a few more after 1 year I'm assuming another 1000-2000 so that's about 4-5k grafts total. I'm thinking I could buff the front with 3k grafts and later on do 2k on the back and I'd be happy with the thin look on the back. What's your experience with fine hair transplants worth it not worth it do they look dumb etc can you buzz down to a number 1 all over without it being noticeable a hair transplant was done? Also I forgot to note seems the pattern in my family stops a Norwood 6. Worst case scenario I buzz with no guard and get smp into my scars.

Attachments

• IMG_2399.PNG
    IMG_2399.PNG
    524.6 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_2401.PNG
    IMG_2401.PNG
    500.8 KB · Views: 759

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
u dont know if you have poor density,all donor area looks like yours with so short hair,grow them longer and u will see,that density is much better.You re not nw3,but nw5 right now,almost identically like me.And u was on propecia and lost so much hair anyway??..I will not tell you that u should shave your head,but if i was you,i will have first FUT transplant and then FUE for maxximum grafts yield.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tbh youve still got a fair bit of hair towards the back regaine should ideally thicken these up?

im like you probably a bit worse tbh, getting a hair transplant of 3900 2900 donor and 1000 beard and body hair, have fine hair also

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fut is probably a better option, but think this whoke transplant thing through. I think some surgeons properly fail to inform that FUE with finer hair is a greater risk with Yield. When grafts are extracted, a simple tug may not pull the graft bulb out as the hair may break. Thus, risking you to more extractions then necessary. Some surgeons also fail to inform that if you go in for a 1500 graft procedure, they may do 2000 grafts or more to pull 1500 grafts out to get you those 1500 grafts that seem healthier to them, thus decimating your donor. You do not want to be or become a major repair patient if yield is poor and you are going back for corrections that may harm you more. There is a lot of BS folks are not aware of nor informed about. Best of luck.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Where would you transplant the hairs? Since your recipient area still has hair, you are risking shock loss, and then it becomes unclear if you are actually getting ahead with your procedure, while in the meantime depleting precious donor supply.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
u dont know if you have poor density,all donor area looks like yours with so short hair,grow them longer and u will see,that density is much better.You re not nw3,but nw5 right now,almost identically like me.And u was on propecia and lost so much hair anyway??..I will not tell you that u should shave your head,but if i was you,i will have first FUT transplant and then FUE for maxximum grafts yield.

+1. After research of only a couple of days, I've read over and over that FUT first is the better bet at this stage.

Where would you transplant the hairs? Since your recipient area still has hair, you are risking shock loss, and then it becomes unclear if you are actually getting ahead with your procedure, while in the meantime depleting precious donor supply.

But really, with hair in the recipient area so thin.... what difference will it make for him?

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not thinking you are a Norwood 3. Did the doctor tell you that? I'd say closer to 5. Good Luck!!!

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered using topical Minoxidil with added Finasteride and Bimatoprost in conjunction with dermarolling? Might consider and research it before going to extreme of transplant at this point. I think because you are so young, further hairloss by your mid thirties would undercut esthetics of a good transplant now.

Cuck12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you could say I'm a nw5 or 6. But remember my hair is about a #2 length all over in those photos. I did not lose that much hair on finasteride, I lost hair cause I took about a 2 year break from it in total over the span of 6 years. My back and crown are ok when grown out. I would be getting 3000 done nothing special for a hairline back about halfway to my head. And like I said I would be happy if in the future to get 2000 from there back for thin crown no problem with that. If I need to I have a very thick beard I can always grab a thousand from there if I need it denser. Those who say get fut first... won't work for me Iv got a plan set for fue that I can get smp and still be able to shave my head if I'm unhappy. Fut is great for certain people who can absolutely not live without hair and have very thick hair. But fut scar shows when wet and is attroshious to look at when shaved and smp barely works on covering an fut.