Fue Experts Opinions And Experiences

ipokium

Reaction score
I'm 37 years old male, who's been starting loosing hair in the high school, when I was around 16 years old. When I was 18 years old, I've started taking finasteride. First I was taking Propecia, later I started with the Proscar. So it has been around 20 years mark when I started taking the finasteride.

Finasteride helped me a lot. I experienced some regrow and maintain decent hair. Things never perfectly improved, but hair stabilized till today. Few years I've started using Dermmatch and Toppik and my hair looks very good with hair concealers. The only thing with concealer is that I'm really tired of putting it on my hair, checking my hair in the mirror if everything is Ok, I don't want to swim in the sea anymore etc. Things are really hard, because I have two kids and I really don't want to that hairlose will impact my family life. My wife is very supportive and she understand my feelings.

It's really interesting how my hairloss impact my self concious. I've been pretty good for years, but last year my hirloss started me to bother again. It's pretty funny because everyone around me thinks I have full head of hair, but my self concius is low becaus of my hair. I'm really tired of washing my hair every time and then put on my hair Derrmatch and Toppik. It takes some time.

My problem areas are my hairline, both temples and area above the hairline (nw2a). At the moment I'm thinking of two options:

Option 1: adding dutas once a week to my regimen (not preffered optiin)

Option 2: get FUE transplant around 2000 grafts.

I think FUE would be the best option, but I'm really scared anyone will noticed. Clinic offered me non shave procedure of target area. I was thinking to take two to three weeks of and then go back to work. Is this enough time? I was also thinking to use Dermmatch as soon as crusts fells off. My wife would take care of the kids for two week and I would go to our beach house for two or three weeks.

What are your experiences with FUE procedures and noticing at work? What about option to add dutas once a week and see if this would be enoguh?

Thank you!

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 37 years old male, who's been starting loosing hair in the high school, when I was around 16 years old. When I was 18 years old, I've started taking finasteride. First I was taking Propecia, later I started with the Proscar. So it has been around 20 years mark when I started taking the finasteride.

Finasteride helped me a lot. I experienced some regrow and maintain decent hair. Things never perfectly improved, but hair stabilized till today. Few years I've started using Dermmatch and Toppik and my hair looks very good with hair concealers. The only thing with concealer is that I'm really tired of putting it on my hair, checking my hair in the mirror if everything is Ok, I don't want to swim in the sea anymore etc. Things are really hard, because I have two kids and I really don't want to that hairlose will impact my family life. My wife is very supportive and she understand my feelings.

It's really interesting how my hairloss impact my self concious. I've been pretty good for years, but last year my hirloss started me to bother again. It's pretty funny because everyone around me thinks I have full head of hair, but my self concius is low becaus of my hair. I'm really tired of washing my hair every time and then put on my hair Derrmatch and Toppik. It takes some time.

My problem areas are my hairline, both temples and area above the hairline (nw2a). At the moment I'm thinking of two options:

Option 1: adding dutas once a week to my regimen (not preffered optiin)

Option 2: get FUE transplant around 2000 grafts.

I think FUE would be the best option, but I'm really scared anyone will noticed. Clinic offered me non shave procedure of target area. I was thinking to take two to three weeks of and then go back to work. Is this enough time? I was also thinking to use Dermmatch as soon as crusts fells off. My wife would take care of the kids for two week and I would go to our beach house for two or three weeks.

What are your experiences with FUE procedures and noticing at work? What about option to add dutas once a week and see if this would be enoguh?

Thank you!
Iv also toyed with the idea of switching to dutas instead of finas, would adding 1 cap of dutas a week make any difference?

In any case I don’t think dutas will have the same impact as a 2000 graft hair transplant, do you have any pics of your current hair loss?

ipokium

Reaction score
Iv also toyed with the idea of switching to dutas instead of finas, would adding 1 cap of dutas a week make any difference?

In any case I don’t think dutas will have the same impact as a 2000 graft hair transplant, do you have any pics of your current hair loss?
Current hairlose is bad and very visible without concealer. Clinic suggested 1500 grafts, I'm thinking about 2000.

Attachments

• IMG_20190116_183511.jpg
    IMG_20190116_183511.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 306

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Current hairlose is bad and very visible without concealer. Clinic suggested 1500 grafts, I'm thinking about 2000.
Go for the transplant you would have a great result, 2000 is more reasonable than 1500 imo.

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your story. You know, once you get in that chair, you cant go back. You still gave native hair albeit thinning in that zone. Could you try duta, sure you can give it a shot ad see how it goes. But be weary of hair transplant in native zones like that, you can get 2000 grafts now but may need to play catchup later. If you do FUE, just make sure surgical protocol of doctor is solid and most of the surgery isn't tech handled. After all, it is the doctors name and know how your paying for. It is extremely hard being a repair patient in need of proper repairs.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would definitely go with 2000 grafts or more. I have a lot less hair loss than you and I was quoted 1800 grafts by 3 very well respected hair transplant doctors and they all come up with the exact same number.