Fue Clinic, Shirley, Birmingham. Any Advice Please?

Falterstar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Newbie to the forum here. Looking forward to joining in the the various discussions while working out what to do next with my own hair. I hope this will alleviate some of the depression and confidence lost caused by male pattern baldness. :)

I have had a lengthy consultation with Jeremy Isherwood from the FUE clinic in Shirley, Birmingham (UK). He said I was suitable for FUT and would need between 4-5k grafts. He did say that my scalp skin was quite tight, though, and that I'd need to massage my head daily before the surgery to help loosen it. I do wonder if minoxidil has caused the tightening.

Who here has had surgery with this clinic and what are your thoughts on having surgery if scalp skin is quite tight? Thanks for reading (hopefully replying!)...and don't call me Shirley! :p

A little about my story:
I started having aggressive diffuse shedding in when I was 26, and this settled into a regular male pattern baldness situation from 27 years of age. I took Finasteride (1 mg) for 6 months when I was 27, but had one incidence with impotence and phased out Finasteride slowly a month later as I was concerned it was the infamous side effects. Since then I've been on minoxidil continuously for 5 years. I am now 32 years of age. I'm a Norwood 2, probably bordering on 3 (will post a picture soon).

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stay the f*** away from this guy. One Google of his name brings up a load of negative reviews of butchery and marketing ploys. That stuff about massaging your head is a red flag already. This is the kind of shyster our dear friend @topcat (peace be upon him) warns us about.

Do not get a transplant in the UK. There are far better surgeons at far more affordable prices in Belgium especially.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Newbie to the forum here. Looking forward to joining in the the various discussions while working out what to do next with my own hair. I hope this will alleviate some of the depression and confidence lost caused by male pattern baldness. :)

I have had a lengthy consultation with Jeremy Isherwood from the FUE clinic in Shirley, Birmingham (UK). He said I was suitable for FUT and would need between 4-5k grafts. He did say that my scalp skin was quite tight, though, and that I'd need to massage my head daily before the surgery to help loosen it. I do wonder if minoxidil has caused the tightening.

Who here has had surgery with this clinic and what are your thoughts on having surgery if scalp skin is quite tight? Thanks for reading (hopefully replying!)...and don't call me Shirley! :p

A little about my story:
I started having aggressive diffuse shedding in when I was 26, and this settled into a regular male pattern baldness situation from 27 years of age. I took Finasteride (1 mg) for 6 months when I was 27, but had one incidence with impotence and phased out Finasteride slowly a month later as I was concerned it was the infamous side effects. Since then I've been on minoxidil continuously for 5 years. I am now 32 years of age. I'm a Norwood 2, probably bordering on 3 (will post a picture soon).

Norwood 2 and this clown says you need 4-5k grafts.. Lmfao.

Go to ******** or Lupanzula in Belgium.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
our dear friend @topcat

JeanLuc has already been debunked..........................his story doesn't add up and he should have come up with something better. How are you two associated? And what about a few of the others Big L what does that stand for?

I think you guys are wasting your time but by all means knock yourself out? I admire your tenacity.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
JeanLuc has already been debunked..........................his story doesn't add up and he should have come up with something better. How are you two associated?

I told you already, we're marketers for chop shops in Turkey that prey on young and gullible guys coming into the transfer forum

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
JeanLuc has already been debunked..........................his story doesn't add up and he should have come up with something better. How are you two associated? And what about a few of the others Big L what does that stand for?

I think you guys are wasting your time but by all means knock yourself out? I admire your tenacity.

Also sign up and buy some bitcoin on my affiliate link https://www.coinspot.com.au?affiliate=YMXY9

Falterstar

My Regimen
Reaction score
O....k, not sure what's the deal is with the later replies, have I missed something? I appreciate the feedback though, thanks, and while its not encouraging to hear that the FUE clinic has such a bad reputation, other options are always options. Trouble is, how is it possible to know what is genuine positive/negative feedback and what isn't?

Who is Big L? This is like something out of the Usual Suspects.

Is there some poll on this forum perhaps which provides the world's most popular (or infamous) surgeons/clinics on a rankings list of best to worst?

Thanks, and I will post my own hair disaster zone pics later today.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
O....k, not sure what's the deal is with the later replies, have I missed something? I appreciate the feedback though, thanks, and while its not encouraging to hear that the FUE clinic has such a bad reputation, other options are always options. Trouble is, how is it possible to know what is genuine positive/negative feedback and what isn't?

Who is Big L? This is like something out of the Usual Suspects.

Is there some poll on this forum perhaps which provides the world's most popular (or infamous) surgeons/clinics on a rankings list of best to worst?

Thanks, and I will post my own hair disaster zone pics later today.

This is a good place to start http://www.hairestorationetwork.com/eve/

Make a thread there and ask for advice

How much are you willing to spend? Some of the best in the world are in Belgium for around 4 euro a graft

Falterstar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alrighty, thanks for the link.

Well, cost wise I'd prefer to pay in installments whatever the amount. The absolute maximum I could raise up-front is around 3k, but that lump sum would take another year to save up for. I could however pay 1k almost immediately for a first treatment.

I would be happy to go abroad if I knew that the particular clinic was well-run, safe, had a good track record and was regulated to a fair degree. I wouldn't want to gamble too much because I already suffer from sever migraines, and the concern that such operations could cause scalp term scalp pains and discomfort really worries me. Perhaps I am worrying too much though. There is so much info both positive and negative out there that it can be overwhelming.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so you're reasonably flexible with price. Most people here will recommend Dr Erdogan of Turkey. Your safest bet.