Fue booked with Dr Rahal in Ottawa next month

toronto

Reaction score
I have Fue booked for April 6th with Dr Rahal in Ottawa.
He is doing 1000 grafts in the front and 2000 graft in the balding crown.
Does this line he drew on my front hairline allow for a noticeable difference?

Attachments

• AD820DEA-F3ED-4664-9309-41780BB4C4BA.jpeg
    AD820DEA-F3ED-4664-9309-41780BB4C4BA.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 279
  • E16EEC3D-A7F6-49F2-A9F4-C08C28756915.jpeg
    E16EEC3D-A7F6-49F2-A9F4-C08C28756915.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 9D5C3FC8-6296-472E-A356-AD560EA4758D.jpeg
    9D5C3FC8-6296-472E-A356-AD560EA4758D.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 295
  • 505AF8A8-A54A-4BCB-B85C-A1C5D91BB8CD.jpeg
    505AF8A8-A54A-4BCB-B85C-A1C5D91BB8CD.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 290

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have Fue booked for April 6th with Dr Rahal in Ottawa.
He is doing 1000 grafts in the front and 2000 graft in the balding crown.
Does this line he drew on my front hairline allow for a noticeable difference?
Are you on any treatments?

toronto

Reaction score
Are you on any treatments?
I have been using finasteride for the past 15 years and oral minoxidil for the past 12 months.

He recommended for me to go on liquid minoxidil after the fue procedure, which I’m not keen about. I would like to just stay on the oral minoxidil because the liquid I used for about 15 years with no success and just irritates my scalp from time to time.

Not sure what to do about this. Wouldn’t 2.5-5mg of oral minoxidil be as effective?

Last edited:

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Rahal has just followed his natural hairline and that is the best way to maintain naturalness even if it's more straight than a usual mature hairline, perfectly fine. Lowering it on that forehead may not look quite right, it may not even grow too well if there wasn't hair there before and also fine hair characteristics and dense packs aren't that great. On top of that he has thinning at the hairline (Norwood 2/3 A pattern maybe at the front) and in the crown I presume which takes priority. Grafts are finite, using them wisely for full coverage is more important and Rahal definitely is top class to put your trust into.

toronto

Reaction score
Thanks Wolf Pack for your input, totally makes sense.

Any thoughts on his recommendation for me to switch from oral to liquid minoxidil? I hate to go backwards. I have been on oral for the last year.
Over the 15 years of using the minoxidil liquid in the past It didn’t really help and it just irritated my scalp from time to time.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Wolf Pack for your input, totally makes sense.

Any thoughts on his recommendation for me to switch from oral to liquid minoxidil? I hate to go backwards. I have been on oral for the last year.
Over the 15 years of using the minoxidil liquid in the past It didn’t really help and it just irritated my scalp from time to time.

Your new hairline will definitely free up styling options and it's the first area people notice - so definitely a cosmetic improvement when the front has a thick wall. I had 2300 odd grafts just for my hairline as a Norwood 2.5/3ish, saved my life tbh hair wise.

I wouldn't switch back to liquid in your shoes, you could lose gains and if you're tolerating oral, stick with it. No doubt it is superior (results wise) compared to liquid.

toronto

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

I’m so looking forward to having this done and hearing that it saved your life makes me even more excited about it now,

I’ll continue with my finasteride & oral minoxidil.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Your new hairline will definitely free up styling options and it's the first area people notice - so definitely a cosmetic improvement when the front has a thick wall. I had 2300 odd grafts just for my hairline as a Norwood 2.5/3ish, saved my life tbh hair wise.

I wouldn't switch back to liquid in your shoes, you could lose gains and if you're tolerating oral, stick with it. No doubt it is superior (results wise) compared to liquid.
Any chance you have a before/after? I feel like I’m in a similar position and would be interested to see what 2300 grafts did.

Did you go to Rahal as well?

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does someone have to be on treatments before a hair transplant?
No, but having a strategy to prevent or take into account further loss would be advisable.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You think its possible for a nw6 to look like a nw3 with fut?
You can check out some photo's online by top surgeons like Zarev etc, but yes it is possible to get a decent result if you have a high Norwood with FUT or FUE, but you would need to have a good donor supply.

tego

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can check out some photo's online by top surgeons like Zarev etc, but yes it is possible to get a decent result if you have a high Norwood with FUT or FUE, but you would need to have a good donor supply.
Nothing like having your own hair.Right dude?We all know what you re talking about.
Yes,but im ok for now.hair transplant is out of my league,for now,but i hope i ll be able to afford it in the future.