FUE and then MHT scalp Pigmentation!!

Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought of getting FUE done and then getting MHT pigmentation done do add some density and cover up the possible FUE white dots. It sound like a pretty feasible idea. Just wondering what everyone thinks of this idea as a possible alternative for someone who doesn't have enough donor to go from a norwood 6 to a norwood 1-2. It would be even possible to have BHT with Fue to max out donor hair and then have the Pigmentation. From looking at the MHT web site some have had both done and wear there hair short and it seems like a very legit look. Would love to hear what you guys think.

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
scalp pigmentation is extremely new so most people haven't caught up with it.

imo it appears to work nearly perfect for covering up FUE dots.

and as for add density, do you mean get the dots in the transplanted areas to add a darker shade to the scalp?

take a look at chris B http://www.hishairclinic.com/gallery/

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch scalp pigmentation with a 10-foot pole until you are able to see results in person, and until you start to see happy patients posting their results on these forums. At this point, all I've seen is links to these sites where they show their own pictures, the way they want to be shown. In other words, they control the medium and the message. It seems like another industry that's banking on the insecurities of young men with male pattern baldness. They will be happy to take your money now, and leave you to figure out how to resolve your cosmetic disfigurement down the road when the ink turns blue or bleeds into one giant blob on your your head. Plus, a patient that's happy one year from now might not be happy in 10 years from now when the ink changes characteristics. Sure, they say that they use a special ink that won't bleed or fade, but we've all heard these similar types of promises before from hair transplant clinics (undetectable scarring, totally natural results, etc). It's way to early in the game to figure out how things will turn out..I wouldn't want to be the lab rat. Would you?

Reaction score
@dave-from what ive see and read i dont get why it wouldnt be a good idea. Im not sure what u mean by change or bleed? There are plenty of pictures on the websites that show results. From what i was told HIS micro lasts 2-3 years, so its not permanint. My idea is that it will help people looking for a solution in the mean time who dont have enough donor hair. If it could cover fue scars and add some visual density on the transplanted scalp why not do it. I understand that pictures by not all be truthful but even if you had people post pictures on here, those people could also photoshop them and make them look good or bad. People could be debating wether to have fue or strip and look for results, wether on surgeon website or on forums, get convinced and then have bad results. Were all lab rats when it comes to this stuff.

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
touchups are included in the price [at least with rassman]

and if you are doing this in the donor region to cover up FUE marks [which i'm quite convinced isn't going to be detectable .. but anyway] and if for some reason it did look bad, you always have the option to just grow that hair out to a 2/3 guard or whatever.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess my main point is that this is relatively new concept, and I've read a lot of the posts about it (that Dudemon has pointed out), but I have yet to see any personal photos from posters on any of the boards. A few posters have had it done on their scars and said that the pigment didn't "take" meaning they didn't penetrate deep enough into the scar tissue to have an effect. But the way in which a lot of these tattoo sites have popped up recently, it just raises a bunch of red flags. And yes, everyone can photoshop their results, but think about all of the posters on these forums over the last 10 years who have posted their own personal pics, grown out, in different lighting, both fue and strip, and discussed their experiences, pros and cons, etc- at the very least it gives you a better idea of what you might expect from surgery. The fact that there are so few posters out there willing to talk about it or show their results would make me want to wait until I see more..I'm just saying be careful.