FUE Advice much appreciated

111s

Reaction score
Hi All

I've been reading this site for a a few years now, it started me on the path 5 years ago to Finesteride, Nizoral and Nanogen. I'm 37 years old and have been thinning for prob 10-15 years so appers to be slow. I also have very fine, straight hair.

I'm a diffuse thinner, more so on the crown and at the moment i'm prob a NW3 with thinning crown. I use the nanogen to cover the crown but while it works well, i'm using a 30g tub a month.

So, I'm considering my options for a hair transplant. Strip is out of the question as i wear my hair short and want to retain that option in the future.

I'm trying to establish if fue is suitable for a diffuse thinner and for the crown and receding in the temple area?

Also, can this be peformed without the need to shave the transplant area (the recieving area not the donor)?

Lastly, i have a lot of body hair and hair down my neck. Could fue be taken the the neck hair/hairline base as it would also stop me having to shave my neck!

Apologies for a long first post. All help greatly appreciated.

Doug Jarvis

Reaction score
I have a similar concern being a diffuse thinner. Unlike you have been through a lot of strip hair transplant's so I can not speak to FUE's.
Have you considered tatooing? That might offer a pretty good option since you usually wear your hair short.

I pretty sure that you do not have shave the transplanted area. I'm not sure but in strip hair transplant's you do not.

The body hair option might not match well with your head hair type. You would need the doctor to advise you on that I think. It might be good in the crown but not in the temple hairline.

BTW, how do you go through a 30g of Nanogen each month? Do you use it more than 1 time a day? Is there now a 30 g bottle of Nanogen? How much do you estimate the stuff costs you a month?

111s

Reaction score
Thanks Doug

In response to the nanogen. They now make 30g bottles for £29 ish but I apply twice a day as I workout twice a day for 5 out of 7 days.

My concern is trying to have it done without it being obvious what's been done. My wife knows all about my hair stuff so it's just work and friends etc that i'd want to hide it from!

Doug Jarvis said:
I have a similar concern being a diffuse thinner. Unlike you have been through a lot of strip hair transplant's so I can not speak to FUE's.
Have you considered tatooing? That might offer a pretty good option since you usually wear your hair short.

I pretty sure that you do not have shave the transplanted area. I'm not sure but in strip hair transplant's you do not.

The body hair option might not match well with your head hair type. You would need the doctor to advise you on that I think. It might be good in the crown but not in the temple hairline.

BTW, how do you go through a 30g of Nanogen each month? Do you use it more than 1 time a day? Is there now a 30 g bottle of Nanogen? How much do you estimate the stuff costs you a month?

Letac

Reaction score
I`m thinking of a fue my self, and I just have one question here. If I do it, will the remaining hair on my head serve well from the transplanted hair? Meaning that they might not fall of since there will be new and better bloodflow to the new hairs?

Letac

Reaction score
Ok, I understand. Then I will take finasteride as well. Using finasteride will prevent the rest from falling of? Hopefully until there`s some kind of cure. I am now 27, turning 28 in a couple of months and my hairloss is not that bad. I`ll post some pictures later on (hoping that some of you guys can give me advice if I should go through with this or not). I have tried to post pictures before, but I have`nt been able to to it. Dunno why. I found a picture of this guy, Tom Brady, and my hairloss is pretty much the same. The frontals are a bit thin, and a little bit in the crown, but I still have hair all over, and on the sides it`s very thick.

Do you think I should go through a hair transplant if I have hairloss like this:

http://www.google.no/imgres?imgurl=http ... x=40&ty=56

Sorry for the bad link. Cut and paste:)

The only thing I`m considering is a FUE. I`m not gonna lower the hairline or anything, just make it thicker.