Frontal thining despite dutasteride, what's next ? Male 23.5

Bora

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months passed on my dutasteride(2-3×Week), 3.5 months on minoxidil(once a two day) and I'm losing my frontal line ? What shall I do ? Should I use oral spironolactone ?
20201209_093925.jpg
20210131_170429.jpg
20210131_170447.jpg

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only thing left is to wait. Dutasteride can cause epic frontal sheds that can last a lot of time from what I've read here. Don't take oral spironolactone, the gains aren't big and not worth the gyno and side effects that you could end up with. Maybe consider adding RU or CB if you can get them and are willing to risk it.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only thing left is to wait. Dutasteride can cause epic frontal sheds that can last a lot of time from what I've read here. Don't take oral spironolactone, the gains aren't big and not worth the gyno and side effects that you could end up with. Maybe consider adding RU or CB if you can get them and are willing to risk it.
I'm experiencing this now. Front still thinning a bit. But back seems to be thickening up. I'm already using RU tho, as well

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You typically need more than 3 months for 5AR inhibitors. As for your loss of ground, a major shed is usually expectable on minoxidil - it's the price you pay for the luscious gains down the road, besides the life-long commitment ofc. To better your minoxidil gains I'd defo start microneedling, once a week at 1.5mm should be ideal but work your way up to that needle length. As for dutasteride, it often boosts your serum and scalp testosterone which is usually the culprit for sheds on fina-duta switches or mono duta with no anti-androgens to accompany it. If minoxidil shed stabilizes and about 6 ish months go by for duta to work, and still shedding, maybe RU could help? I'll let others comment too, either way, you're doing WAY more than nothing which is a start.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You typically need more than 3 months for 5AR inhibitors. As for your loss of ground, a major shed is usually expectable on minoxidil - it's the price you pay for the luscious gains down the road, besides the life-long commitment ofc. To better your minoxidil gains I'd defo start microneedling, once a week at 1.5mm should be ideal but work your way up to that needle length. As for dutasteride, it often boosts your serum and scalp testosterone which is usually the culprit for sheds on fina-duta switches or mono duta with no anti-androgens to accompany it. If minoxidil shed stabilizes and about 6 ish months go by for duta to work, and still shedding, maybe RU could help? I'll let others comment too, either way, you're doing WAY more than nothing which is a start.
Thanks dude! I've been needling once a week at 1.5. I'm also using LLLT, but im not sure if thats doing jack-sh*t.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
give dutasteride and min a year before you add anything else to your regimen

daegonx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your frontal hair has gotten worse. You have very aggressive hairloss at 23 years old. I think you are destined to nw6-7

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride is no better than finasteride for the hairline in my experience. It’s unlikely that it will preserve your hairline on its own. However, mix 50mg RU or CB (buy from Kane, anageninc or Wuhan) into 1 ml of stemoxydine or alfratradiol and apply to hair line. dutasteride and RU/ CB is a common combo and it’s the most potent anti androgen regimen for hair loss

daegonx

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride is no better than finasteride for the hairline in my experience. It’s unlikely that it will preserve your hairline on its own. However, mix 50mg RU or CB (buy from Kane, anageninc or Wuhan) into 1 ml of stemoxydine or alfratradiol and apply to hair line. dutasteride and RU/ CB is a common combo and it’s the most potent anti androgen regimen for hair loss
I think like that. Dutasteird is no better than finasterid. But this guy has very aggressive hair loss seriously. And I think his frontal hair will disappear in soon.

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe
dutasteride is no better than finasteride for the hairline in my experience. It’s unlikely that it will preserve your hairline on its own. However, mix 50mg RU or CB (buy from Kane, anageninc or Wuhan) into 1 ml of stemoxydine or alfratradiol and apply to hair line. dutasteride and RU/ CB is a common combo and it’s the most potent anti androgen regimen for hair
dutasteride is more effective, but only really at the crown. I would buy some ru and stemoxydine and then wait until you’re at 5 months on dutasteride. By this time you’ll probably know the effect of dutasteride. Some wait 6 months to be sure.
Don’t wait a year, by this time you’ll have lost too much ground that you could have saved if you acted sooner.
Ru is cheaper than cb but cb is safer for long term use. When you can afford it switch to CB. They are both similar in potency. Keep taking dutasteride daily