frontal hairline thinning

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
for the last three months (since starting propecia), my hairline/frontal has been shedding like crazy.... what used to be a noticeably perfectly thick, even when wet hairline, turned into a distaster.. and it seems that it is still getting worse.. my vertix however, doesnt seem to have changed at all n the past year..

will i recover? or is my hairline (that did not previously) exp thinning doomed ?

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Having the same problem here jfrank.
It happens to a lot of people it seems, that the hairline is having an adverse reaction to finasteride (at least in the first couple of months). One theory says that the frontal hairline is most sensitive to increased testosteron; that's why it's going that asuddenly. Not sure if there's any truth in that hypothesis, but after 11 months of propecia i can say that the thinning crown/ vertex has more or less maintained, while the temples have receeded quite a bit.
Sometimes i think i see new vellus hairs sprouting out, only later to 'conclude' that they are dying hairs at the former hairline.

I'm really interested in stories of people who have experienced the same during the first year, and have gotten some regrowth later.

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
so there's no hope for regrowth? if i knew this was going to happen, i would no ever have started propecia... the hairline is the most important part of the hair... i need to get it back..

how long do vellus hairs get? i have a bunch of hairs that look like vellus, but are over 1/4 inch long..

my left temple seemed to have filled up a little... i hope thats a good sign for my right temple and hairline

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course there's hope for regrowth jfrank, it only depends on the person and it usually requires a looot of patience.. As for the temples, it's much more realistic to aim for maintainance.