Frontal Hair Systems

lnknstyl

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a quick question. I have a receeding hairline (NW2), which I would like filled in. Since I have decent density throughout the rest, I do not want a full system yet. Is it possible to just get a partial frontal system? Is this very hard to maintain, look good?

If someone has experience with such a unit any info (price, maintainance, etc.) would be extremely valuable. I discussed with a Farrell consultant, and was turned off to this option...a full system was recommended, but I am pretty sure I do not need this yet.

Hope to hear back from someone.

Thanks

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
lnknstyl said:
Hi guys,

I have a quick question. I have a receeding hairline (NW2), which I would like filled in. Since I have decent density throughout the rest, I do not want a full system yet. Is it possible to just get a partial frontal system? Is this very hard to maintain, look good?

If someone has experience with such a unit any info (price, maintainance, etc.) would be extremely valuable. I discussed with a Farrell consultant, and was turned off to this option...a full system was recommended, but I am pretty sure I do not need this yet.

Hope to hear back from someone.

Thanks

If you are only a NW2 (a minimal progression of male pattern baldness), I can't imagine why you'd consider a rug...partial or not. It would be like repainting your entire car because you have a tiny rock chip on the hood....using Krylon spray cans from Wal Mart.

lnknstyl

Reaction score
Ok...maybe it is a NW3 then, without the bald patch in the back. The reason I was considering this, is because I do not want to wait until full-blown baldness to find a solution. I have been using Rogaine for the past 8 years but wish to stay away from Propecia (side effects) and hair transplants (costs, results uncertainty).

I keep my hair a little longer in the front to cover up the recession, but this does not look professional and I need a style that I can either comb, take a parting, or somehow style to look neater for work,etc. I think some more density up front will definitely help with this.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Yes, it's possible to have a small front partial to "fill in" recession.

I've got one, and it's been a really big improvement in my looks. Unfortunately, I have severe thinning behind my recession so I'm now about to switch over to a regular-sized piece.

It requires a little bit of maintenance, but it's been worth it for me. I'm only 22, but most people guess my age around 30 when I'm not wearing the piece. With a piece, I've got enough hair to get a decent looking style that looks less like a combover than my natural hair.

Do your research first, though. There are down sides as well as positives. It's up to you to decide whether the pros outweigh the cons.

EDIT: Pricewise, my partials were about $180-200 each. I have to pay a bit extra since I have long hair. If I had regular length hair they would have been about $110 per piece.