Front Hairline Maintenance Products

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered what everyone uses for rebonding the front / sides ? What type of alcohol / lace release do you find works for you?

Thanks

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered what everyone uses for rebonding the front / sides ? What type of alcohol / lace release do you find works for you?

Thanks

Mix pumpkin seed oil with a few drops of peppermint oil 10/2 ratio and use that. Peppermint oil is strong so use carefully but it works better than minoxidil. Goggle it for reasearch but works for what you want it for.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mix pumpkin seed oil with a few drops of peppermint oil 10/2 ratio and use that. Peppermint oil is strong so use carefully but it works better than minoxidil. Goggle it for reasearch but works for what you want it for.
I think you're getting confused on these boards again. He's asking how to remove a wig.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks

I prefer alcohol to C-22 or oil-based solvents. 91% alcohol is good enough to clean the system and your scalp/ hair. If you're doing a final wipe before a rebond or using it to buy yourself a little time in positioning the system, I would use 99%

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I prefer alcohol to C-22 or oil-based solvents. 91% alcohol is good enough to clean the system and your scalp/ hair. If you're doing a final wipe before a rebond or using it to buy yourself a little time in positioning the system, I would use 99%

Thanks for the information! Will have to get some. Just another question, do you ever feel your system or the glue? I know mines attached and secure but can sometimes feel it. Not sure if it is just because it is new?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Will have to get some. Just another question, do you ever feel your system or the glue? I know mines attached and secure but can sometimes feel it. Not sure if it is just because it is new?
I can only feel it when it's gooey and time to replace. Unfortunately, I'm cursed with oily skin :(

Normal, good, and clean bond....can't tell I'm wearing... I wear a thin skin .03 poly.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,
How often do you shampoo / condition? I do it every week but can you do it every other week? I Put the leave in conditioner in every day.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,
How often do you shampoo / condition? I do it every week but can you do it every other week? I Put the leave in conditioner in every day.
I shampoo every 3 days, condition daily, and leave in conditioner daily.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

When I do a front line touch up, I clip the hair back but I always get a few little hairs coming out at the front. So when I apply the glue these little hairs sometimes get a tiny little bit of glue on them. Should I use a cotton wool ball with alcohol to help reduce this?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

When I do a front line touch up, I clip the hair back but I always get a few little hairs coming out at the front. So when I apply the glue these little hairs sometimes get a tiny little bit of glue on them. Should I use a cotton wool ball with alcohol to help reduce this?

Not sure if you mean your bio hair (sides) or hairpiece hair..

When I do my hairline, i put glue just a tad in front of the line so that when i position piece, the front row of hair base ( just a few) lay in glue but i position them in a way that only root is glued in the direction or flow with the style, upwards, brushback. This hides the base a bit, simulates a graduated hairline...i just need to be careful when removing (drench with alcohol, an hairs unglued easily from scalp)..

I have grey hair which may provide flexibility in this method...

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Redid hairline yesterday, ultrahold, laying in the sun today...a few pics to demonstrate what I mean by glueing some hair directly on scalp... I currently wear a monofilament lace (see my other post about piece I bought on Amazon)...a bit heavier density, I know, but I like it for now, ....will revert to swiss lace soon
20200216_155722.jpg
20200216_160119.jpg
20200216_160047.jpg
20200216_160012.jpg

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Redid hairline yesterday, ultrahold, laying in the sun today...a few pics to demonstrate what I mean by glueing some hair directly on scalp... I currently wear a monofilament lace (see my other post about piece I bought on Amazon)...a bit heavier density, I know, but I like it for now, ....will revert to swiss lace soon
View attachment 137864 View attachment 137865 View attachment 137866 View attachment 137867

Wow, it really looks great. I just visited Amazon and all their bases are 10" x 8", is there enough poly surround to be able to cut it down to size and still be able to tape? Or did you have it customized?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, it really looks great. I just visited Amazon and all their bases are 10" x 8", is there enough poly surround to be able to cut it down to size and still be able to tape? Or did you have it customized?
The supplier was dreambeauty and I sent in a request for my size (6.5x8.5) as that style of base cant be cut. Also requested a variation of grey, 100% front inch, 90 top and sides, 80 back. Took them about 7 weeks...

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

When I do my hairline, i put glue just a tad in front of the line so that when i position piece, the front row of hair base ( just a few) lay in glue but i position them in a way that only root is glued in the direction or flow with the style, upwards, brushback. This hides the base a bit, simulates a graduated hairline...i just need to be careful when removing (drench with alcohol, an hairs unglued easily from scalp)..

Great pics! System looks awesome. Yh it's the actual system hair.

Great pics! System looks good. Yh it's the hairs from the system. I've got it unexploded and

Great pics! Your system looks good. Yh it's a few hairs from the system. I have it unexposed and when I push it back there are a few hairs which lay flat just coming out of the base (hope that makes sense lol) hence when I clip hair back to apply glue I sometimes get a little on these hairs.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry about all those separate messages! Not sure what happened there

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry about all those separate messages! Not sure what happened there
Thanks. Not sure it understand. What base do you have ? And where are you applying the glue (on scalp or poly unit?)

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Not sure it understand. What base do you have ? And where are you applying the glue (on scalp or poly unit?)

It's swiss lace with think skin base. I'm applying glue directly on the scalp letting it dry a bit and pushing the base onto it. I will use your method with the alcohol just in case I end up with a little glue on the tiny flat hairs.