From Propecia Help To Taking Finasteride Again

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
Current Regiment

3 X per week M W F 0.25mg Finasteride (will increase to 0.50mg after 3 months if no results)

Wash with Big 3 Shampoo Ketokonzole and Dermarolling temples 1.5mm on Sunday

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ronnie Wood famously declined chemo due to worries about hair loss. In fact, anyone reading this guy's posts and making decisions based on them...Beware.. Check his post history. Take finasteride and forget about hair loss for 10ish years. It's a safe drug. We are all using a hair loss forum with the same goal, to prevent the impact hair loss has on our lives. Let's try to help each other achieve this and not discourage use of a well researched and effective drug that can greatly improve quality of life

Or listen to this guy and ignore the others who take these drugs and have their lives destroyed by it, it's only a choice in the end but remember that you could end up on both sides... And who tf is Ronnie Wood is that supposed to impress me or make a difference in what i stated? What is he a star or what? Ohh wait if he is famous and declined chemo it must mean something lol. Damn some of you have really great problems and hairloss is the least of them...

And lol at the "well researched and effective drug that can greatly improve quality of life" lol, how does it improve it, by having a chance in making you impotent and growing you some titties, besides the many other sides you could get? And if it was so effective and safe you wouldn't see so many bald and balding people on the streets, they would all take it and you would never see a shiny scalp in your life, everybody knows that these pills exist, we are in 2020, it's not like it's hidden information and just the insecure kids from hairloss talk know about it lol, i first heard of finasteride in the first years after it was introduced for hair loss in 1mg doses and i was a kid from a f*****g post communist country, what are you all so sure that your the only ones who know about these drugs?

In reality, your the only insecure ones that would take such risks, the rest just move on and live their lives without taking unnecessary risks. Your not special or some geniuses, on the contrary, your the exceptions, and the hundred million of balding and bald people that roam this Earth right as we speak, are the only proof that somebody needs...

This is your well researched and safe drug, ignorant insecure fucks:

Adverse Event Reporting in Clinical Trials of Finasteride for Androgenic Alopecia: A Meta-analysis.

Abstract
IMPORTANCE:
Two meta-analyses conclude that finasteride treatment of androgenic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) is safe but do not assess quality of safety reporting.

OBJECTIVE:
To assess safety reporting for clinical trial reports of finasteride for Androgenetic Alopecia.

DATA SOURCES:
MEDLINE, ClinicalTrials.gov, and a clinical data repository for an academic medical center.

STUDY SELECTION:
Published clinical trial reports for finasteride treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.

DATA EXTRACTION AND SYNTHESIS:
For each trial, we assessed quality of adverse event reporting, extracted the number and type of adverse events in treatment and placebo groups, and assessed duration of safety evaluation and adequacy of blinding. Two observers independently extracted the data; differences were resolved by consensus. We assessed generalizability in a large cohort of men prescribed finasteride, 1.25 mg/d or less, by assessing for eligibility in the finasteride-Androgenetic Alopecia pivotal trials.

MAIN OUTCOMES AND MEASURES:
Quality was assessed as adequate, partially adequate, inadequate, or no events reported. We used funnel plots of the hazard ratio to assess bias.

RESULTS:
Of 34 clinical trials, none had adequate safety reporting, 19 were partially adequate, 12 were inadequate, and 3 reported no adverse events. Funnel plots were asymmetric with a bias toward lower odds ratio for sexual adverse effects, suggesting systematic underdetection. No reports assessed adequacy of blinding, 18 (53%) disclosed conflicts of interest, and 19 (56%) received funding from the manufacturer. Duration of drug safety evaluation was 1 year or less for 26 of 34 trials (76%). Of 5704 men in the clinical data repository who were treated for Androgenetic Alopecia with finasteride, 1.25 mg/d or less, for Androgenetic Alopecia, only 31% met inclusion criteria for the pivotal trials referenced in the manufacturer's full prescribing information and 33% took finasteride for more than 1 year.

CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE:
Available toxicity information from clinical trials of finasteride in men with Androgenetic Alopecia is very limited, is of poor quality, and seems to be systematically biased. In a cohort of men prescribed finasteride for routine treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia, most would have been excluded from the pivotal studies that supported US Food and Drug Administration approval for Androgenetic Alopecia. Published reports of clinical trials provide insufficient information to establish the safety profile for finasteride in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25830296

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And i'm not saying don't take it, maybe and for sure some of you really benefit from these drugs without major sides or maybe just accepting and living with them, maybe for some it keeps them from committing suicide or something else, i'm not a hypocrite that wants others to go bald just because i don't want to take drugs to treat my hairloss, i just don't like hypocrisy and ignorance and whatever most of you are doing just because of the fear of going bald or because of the mental illnesses that a lot of you suffer from.

Take it and be happy but be informed about it also, don't just trust the insecure idiots or gender changing retards from the hair loss forum just because they say that it's safe and your gonna be gucci, do your own researches and take a mature and good decision based on that, not on these retarded fucks insecurities or projections of their own shitty lives. You will see with time and with their posts that hair is their least problem and that they have other things that are affecting them way more than hairloss...

How many of you really know and documented yourselves about the origin of these drugs, about it's history and about the condition they are trying to mimic with it? How many of you documented yourselves about the importance of estrogen and testosterone in hair growth or hair loss? How many of you know sh*t about something? I'l tell you, 99% of you just want your hair back and some would and will do anything in order to achieve that, and the "dude" that injected acid into his balls at home and after made a thread here, the "dudes" that go full woman to get regrowth and the many other freaks that take such drastic actions are the only proof that is needed and that sustains my statement...

And i'm not even judging, i'm just observing, do whatever the f*** you want, it's your bodies and lives, grow a dick on your head if that is what you like, in the end your the only ones who will benefit or not because of the actions you are taking, but don't come here and play it like it's normal just because you think it is or just because you think "it's worth it"...

"Life is hair, hair is life" get a fkin life before and in the first place, you fkin no lifers. And i'm not even saying it trying to be mean or something, i really mean it because i understand that it's frustrating especially if you are young, nobody f*****g wants to go bald but it is what it is, stay truthful and optimistic and don't f*****g let it control your life transforming you into an eunuch or a lying idiot or whatever the f*** people transform into because of loosing their hair...

Last edited:

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we can all read between the lines and come to our own conclusions about Tom Riddle’s integrity. I guess he makes one valid point though- it is important that we all do our own research so that we make informed decisions. Anyone that is worried about the side effects of finasteride I would recommend watching this YouTube interview with two of Australia’s leading hair transplant surgeons for informed, balanced professional advice:

https://m.youtube.com/?v=htBPxLOC47I

It seems more sensible to trust them than someone posting long, angry, convoluted essays on a hair loss forum. It’s worth noting that almost everyone else on this forum is doing something about their hair loss- the tools exist so why wouldn’t we? Tom Riddle seems to have just signed up to aggressively defend his decision to leave his hair loss untreated. Which is absolutely his decision and that’s fine. However, what I do take issue with is his presenting his own unsubstantiated opinion as fact as this could influence the decisions of people who are new to this. I have been using anti androgens for 11 years without side effects and I can tell you that finasteride has greatly improved my quality of life. Getting through my twenties without having to worry about hair loss was a gift. It’s only now at 32 when finasteride has run it’s course I am again appreciating how painful hair loss can be. Let’s just agree to disagree on this one Tom

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we can all read between the lines and come to our own conclusions about Tom Riddle’s integrity. I guess he makes one valid point though- it is important that we all do our own research so that we make informed decisions. Anyone that is worried about the side effects of finasteride I would recommend watching this YouTube interview with two of Australia’s leading hair transplant surgeons for informed, balanced professional advice:

It seems more sensible to trust them than someone posting long, angry, convoluted essays on a hair loss forum. It’s worth noting that almost everyone else on this forum is doing something about their hair loss- the tools exist so why wouldn’t we? Tom Riddle seems to have just signed up to aggressively defend his decision to leave his hair loss untreated. Which is absolutely his decision and that’s fine. However, what I do take issue with is his presenting his own unsubstantiated opinion as fact as this could influence the decisions of people who are new to this. I have been using anti androgens for 11 years without side effects and I can tell you that finasteride has greatly improved my quality of life. Getting through my twenties without having to worry about hair loss was a gift. It’s only now at 32 when finasteride has run it’s course I am again appreciating how painful hair loss can be. Let’s just agree to disagree on this one Tom

Talking about the integrity of random unknown people from the internet and after posting 2 australian leading hair transplant surgeon promoting prostate shrinking drugs for hair loss, wow, so amazed lmao, what's next don't tell me Kevin Man and MorePlatesMoreDates no? Let's see if they will help you when you get a limp dick or boobies or who knows what you could get... All tho i have to admit that i have watched all of their videos to see what information they have and give to people and all tho most of it it's true and accurate they are missing some points intentionally even when people ask them for it in comments and mails and that shows clearly that they can't be trusted 100%, nobody knows who is behind them and what hidden interests they have, like all the hair loss transplant surgeons have anyways.

But it's a free world, you can trust whoever you want, as i said, in the end, your the only one who will suffer the consequences of your own actions and beliefs, being they good or bad, and that's all that matters.

And your anecdotal experience like mine also, has no value. You keep repeating compulsively "i take, i am, me, me , me". Nobody cares mate, in the time you are ok, one is fucked so that's all that matters, how could you possibly know how it will go for others? And those "unsubstantiated opinions" of mine are facts backed up by science and studies that i also posted every time, it's your problem only if you chose to ignore them just because you are too stuck in your own insecurities and depressions caused by hairloss but don't be fooled that we are all like this... And dude, understand that even if it's a hairloss forum, even if we are all bothered by it in a way or another that does not mean that we are all that desperate to take the same measures others take, have the same opinions and mentalities just because we all suffer from hair loss, in one way or another.

As my opinion could influence a person in not taking action and losing his hair, your opinions could influence a person and could get him a limp dick and b**ch titties and he could also lose his hair because maybe the treatment won't work, what are you gonna do then, fix them and get their hair, dick and life back or tell them that it's impossible because it didn't happen to you? So stop it with this i am afraid that others won't save their hair because of Tom Riddle posting scientific evidence that shows that the studies done on these drugs are useless, poorly made and can't be trusted, we are all adults, mostly at least, and we are all capable in taking a decision for ourselves. If you are not and you let yourself influenced by random people over the internet than tough luck what can i say, be careful to not get influenced by the dude that injected acid into his balls...

And sorry for the walls of text, i am just very informed, passionate about the subject and like to discuss these kind of things but can't express everything in a short 10 word incel text like the majority of the forums users write. I know, some of you haven't read this much in all your lives but understand that nobody cares, you don't want to read it, ignore it and go masturbate or whatever activities you have, stop being such entitled US pricks, nobody gives a f*** about your opinions anyways, at least people that have an actual brain and fkin use it...

Last edited:

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
Update 2months.

MWF - 0.25mg Finasteride
Sunday - big 3 shampoo, dermarolling.

Numbness gone from junk. Hair seems great in healthy areas. Feel like I've had a shed in temples. Penis strangely working better than ever and increased libido. might increase to 0.5 mwd or 0.25 mg everyday.

Reactions: INT

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you cant experience legitimate sides after just 1 week

if you're this worried, then do not take finasteride or dutasteride

you will not be able to tolerate the actual sides when they do happen and/or the actual loss of efficacy for both drugs when they do happen

Yes you can. You can in fact experience side effects 48 hours after first ingestion. I developed acute prostatitis 3 days after the first pill and lasted 6 months. Yes, it was purely due to Finasteride.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
Started Apr 20.

MWF 0.25mg

I've decided to up my dosage as no noticeble side effects. The initial few weeks my junk looked different but now back to normal. Only thing I've noticed is I get really high libido spikes.

Deciding to up the dosage to 0.50mg and see how I go.

Hair seems the same however I have noticed my hairline has shed alot, hoping this is a sign of good things to come.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
Now I worked my way up to 1mg MWF, no sides going well so far. I think starting lower with 0.25 then to 0.5 then to 1mg is a great way to do it. I got destroyed the first time I took finasteride 8 years ago and now I'm going well.

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
Now I worked my way up to 1mg MWF, no sides going well so far. I think starting lower with 0.25 then to 0.5 then to 1mg is a great way to do it. I got destroyed the first time I took finasteride 8 years ago and now I'm going well.

I have heard this quite often over the years

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dick went numb. I wasn't even thinking about sides champ. Don't steam roll my thread.
This is a real side, ED hasn’t hit me but my dick literally feels numb and cold to the touch 100% fighting through but doesn’t seem to be helping at all and I’m f*****g with other sh*t to fight sides. Topcial I didn’t have the same sides experience for 18 months but wasn’t responding.

hoko

My Regimen
Reaction score
There does seem to be a definite trend on this forum wherein the most histrionic and bdd Posters tend to experience the highest incidence of side effects. Nocebo is a very real thing. Your brain will play tricks on you if you let it. Don’t start these drugs with the expectation of side effects. Relax, take up something that’ll ease your mind away from hair loss and let the medication run it’s course. You can always quit, and there’s nothing that shows that the side effects will be permanent other than anecdotes.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a real side, ED hasn’t hit me but my dick literally feels numb and cold to the touch 100% fighting through but doesn’t seem to be helping at all and I’m f*****g with other sh*t to fight sides. Topcial I didn’t have the same sides experience for 18 months but wasn’t responding.

Try relax mate I went through that 8 years ago and here I am taking it again with no issues.

Boston222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man love the thread cheers for keeping it updated. Can I ask what type of side effects were you experiencing when you first decided to quit? And also your age, how aggressive your hair loss is and where about your losing hair. Thanks

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man love the thread cheers for keeping it updated. Can I ask what type of side effects were you experiencing when you first decided to quit? And also your age, how aggressive your hair loss is and where about your losing hair. Thanks

I was 21 Norwood 1.5 I took it for a week and my junk went lifeless and numb. nothing worked for months. I think it was a shock to my system to block it that aggressively straight away. I feel alot better work my way up to it and haven't noticed any issues so far, I started in April this year.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are discussing psychosomatic side effects on an RU thread at the moment and I think that they are really powerful, I have certainly 'felt' side effects shortly after reading about them for RU and oral minoxidil but then continued with the drug and felt nothing later on. My advice is just to push through, keep taking finasteride maybe at your lower dosage if you feel more comfortable with this (I think 0.5mg per day is pretty much as good as 1mg) and try and forget the sides. Seriously though, losing your hair is so awful isn't it worth having a reduced libido to prevent it? Imagine it in reverse- that hair loss was the side effect of a medication for impotence- would you take it? Some people decline chemotherapy because hair loss is a side effect. Don't underestimate the impact on your life losing your hair can have- I've literally just wasted a year due to the depression caused by rapid hair loss brought on by making a mistake with the meds. Don't let the same thing happen to you- take finasteride and forget about it
Unless Finasteride doesn’t work then you’re fucked and have sides