from egypt (arab) and different

yasser

Reaction score
you cant imagine how to be a medical student and have all that stress in ur study & exams
you cant imagine how to be a 20 yrs old good looking guy and then become bald in only one year
you cant imagine how it feels when your relatives saw you last year when you had hair and this year you just have not
you cant imagine that here in cairo & egypt we dont have enough hair care ( for male pattern baldness) you hardly can find 1 doctor to prescribe you minoxidil :) & to tell you that (disease) is un cureable
you cant imagine that minoxidil & finasteride & other shampoos are not made in this damn country (egypt) you have to get from other countries , also online shopping is not easy
after this all i standed alone and said no i want my hair i will not lose it , well started to treat myself by me , got minoxidil by someone who traveled to UK and every month you get your supply like this :O
any way i stareted the treatment for about 8 months , then i noticed very good hair that my friends told me waaaaaaaw what have you done to your hair is this a hair peice? when i hear this i felt like victory !!!! . but as usual no continous victory i begun to lose my hair again very rapidly and very badly that let me to be in major depression
and i wanted to leave this life , my college , my friends , my everything . i dont know why but i felt like this
well lets talk about now am starting again with anew reigmen ( minoxidil , finasteride ) and still waiting results but am very disappointed coz i have severe shedding Norwood
i need to back my victory and say yeeeees am not bald any more
best wishes
yasser

chicknlittle

Reaction score
I CAN imagine all of that. I lived it. Except that my loss has been more gradual than you describe. And Ive never been to Egypt. Good luck in school. With that education you will have a good life, regardless of what your hair does... Not that you shouldn't fight it : )

Younger guys with recent loss seem to respond best to treatment, so there is hope of progress, but if your loss is as severe as you describe you should probably be aggressive in your choice of treatments now and give it your best try early on (finasteride (or dutasteride), twice a day minoxidil, ketoconazole shampoo... whatever, now, forever). Good luck!

yasser

Reaction score
I CAN imagine all of that. I lived it. Except that my loss has been more gradual than you describe. And Ive never been to Egypt. Good luck in school. With that education you will have a good life, regardless of what your hair does... Not that you shouldn't fight it : )

Younger guys with recent loss seem to respond best to treatment, so there is hope of progress, but if your loss is as severe as you describe you should probably be aggressive in your choice of treatments now and give it your best try early on (finasteride (or dutasteride), twice a day minoxidil, ketoconazole shampoo... whatever, now, forever). Good luck!
thanks to the reply :) that am doing Norwood i will have a strong treatment and i wish to have results soon i will keep you updated

- - - Updated - - -

Move to a western country

really you made me laugh . are telling me to leave my family & my every thing here just to treat my hair . i wish it would be that easy

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
calm down yasser,
I'm yassin from egypt, my story is exactly similar as yours . but you are two years younger
check my story
I began my loss story maybe at the same age as yours
I'll tell you why you're lucky to be in Egypt....
you can get get any drug without a doctor's prescription
minoxidil, finasteride , and dutasteride are available in egypt in their brand or generic forms
Minoxidil : Rogain (in seif and el ezabi), hair plus back 5% , performa , I strongly suggest hair plus back 5%
finasteride: nopecia 1mg , prohair 1mg, proscar 5mg
dutasteride: avodart .5mg
all without prescription
you must be on an antiDHT drug and don't judge before 8 months or even one year

yasser

Reaction score
calm down yasser,
I'm yassin from egypt, my story is exactly similar as yours . but you are two years younger
check my story
I began my loss story maybe at the same age as yours
I'll tell you why you're lucky to be in Egypt....
you can get get any drug without a doctor's prescription
minoxidil, finasteride , and dutasteride are available in egypt in their brand or generic forms
Minoxidil : Rogain (in seif and el ezabi), hair plus back 5% , performa , I strongly suggest hair plus back 5%
finasteride: nopecia 1mg , prohair 1mg, proscar 5mg
dutasteride: avodart .5mg
all without prescription
you must be on an antiDHT drug and don't judge before 8 months or even one year

yassin first of all thnx for your reply , and really happy to find someone from egypt in this site :)
i know these drugs are available but i dont trust them all like performa i dont trust it at all , i dont know hair plus back is it foam or solution ?
second i know nopecia but i found the price is 18L.E while propecia is 500 L.E for only five tabs, so i said what the ....k ?
am Norwood using rogaine (the american one) and proscar divided by 2
could u tell me how is your going Norwood?

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't trust performa, hair plus back 5% is made by minapharm . it's available and you can buy it for only 70 egp, it's alcoholic liquid not a foam
proscar is only 156 egp why would you want to buy propecia and . proscar can last for more than 3 months
I'm on avodart wich costs me about 160 egp = 26$
if you live outside Egypt it's not easy to get these drugs from a legit place without a prescription . and most doctors will not prescribe them
the prices also are partially funded by the Egyptian ministry of health
again you'r lucky to be in egypt
but you say propecia is 500 egp for only 5 tabs... w t f !!!! propecia is not available in egypt but . where did you find that price from??!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I've just seen your post in my thread , just use proscar 2.5 mg /day . it's exactly what I would do if I was back 20 years old
you can add rogain after 8 months if you see no results
keep in mind that finasteride is the first line of treatment in androgenic alopecia.
do not stop it while fighting Androgenetic Alopecia
keep in mind also that maintenance is considered to be a success
I didn't notice any side effects . and I don't believe side effects will negatively affect functioning

yasser

Reaction score
i asked someone in el ezaby pharamcy that i want propecia he told me i will get it for you , after a month he got it for me and told me it is 500 for five tabs :) i told him
thank i dont want it anymore .
iam Norwood on proscar 2.5 mg/day + rogaine and i will add sooon nizoral shampoo but am afraid of side effects , i will be optimistic and say i will not get it
last thing i would ask you about did u had more thining in the star of dutasteride ? or just not ? beacause iam seeing alot of shedding from the day i started finas.
finally thnx for everything