Frizzy Hair !!

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No matter what kind of shampoo i Use (nizoral, t-gel, jasons)... my hair is still frizzy and very dry after just 5 mins of shower right after the drying. I hate it, is there any way to treat this problem ? oh boooyyy :roll:

The Gardener

Reaction score
Wezz, given your shampoo regimen I have a feeling I know what is causing it. I'm not sure if you remember the conversation we had in a thread a long time back, but, I think I remember us talking about the importance of rotating a non-medicated shampoo into your regimen.

Nizoral and TGel, Nizoral especially, are both VERY hard on the hair. Well, to be more exact, they tend to strip the sh*t out of hair and make it frizzy. Nizoral really does a number on my hair! This can be countered by including a good non-medicated shampoo into your rotation. In fact, I use my non-medicated shampoo (Infusium 23 Original) 4 days a week, and only use the Nizoral 3 days a week. TGel I use ONLY when my scalp seems unusually itchy.

And, on days when you do use Nizoral and TGel, it is really important to follow the shampoo with a conditioner. Ugh, the times I used Nizoral and then neglected to condition my hair were disasters, my hair was a frizzy mess.

Of course, there could be another cause, but I have a feeling that this is what is causing your troubles. If you continue to use both Nizoral and TGel as regularly as you do, try at least to use the non-medicated shampoo at least two days a week to give your hairs a rest, and follow up all medicated shampoos with the conditioner.

Since your hair is already fried, you will probably not start seeing some improvement from the change until after you have had a haircut or two. Hope it helps.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks for the post gardener,

and yes nizoral 1% really makes my hair frizzy after i dry my hair right after the shower with towel. T-gel is better than nizoral overall, but as for my regimen i have to use nizoral at least 2x a week. I dont really get that much of a itchness , is thicker fuller hair a non medicated shampoo im using that also but i still get frizzy hair. Is there any special working shampoo for non frizness or i just have to live with this friznesss

The Gardener

Reaction score
No, you don't have to live with the frizziness. Finding the right non-medicated shampoo will keep it controlled.

Yeah, stick with the Nizoral, at LEAST 2x week. Are you following it up with a conditioner?

If you aren't getting itchiness, you might cut back the TGel a bit, and use the non-medicated a bit more.

And, thicker fuller shampoo might not be working with your hair. Shampoos that add body often times leave a lot of buildup. Perhaps try a different non-medicated, experiment a bit and see what works for you? Quite a few of us here like the Infusium line, another great non-medicated is Paul Mitchell Shampoo One. Both lines have accompanying conditioners. Well, experiment for yourself and see what works. I started with Citrishine (didn't work), then Paul Mitchell and Redken (worked well, but expensive and left buildup), then just the Redken (expensive), then Infusium Body Building (buildup and bad hair texture, made it curly), and then Infusium Original which is working as well as the expensive Redken crap I used in the past. Ask your hairstylist if they have a suggestion for you?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Oh, and keep one thing in mind. The only thing you can do to get rid of the frizziness at this point is to let it grow out. Once you let it get to that point, trying to use one of those 'anti-frizz' shampoos will only weigh your hair down and add buildup.

Frizziness has to be controlled on a daily basis by using good shampoos that work well with your hair. So, switch the shampoo rotation a bit, and next time you get a haircut you should notice an improvement.