Friends with hairloss.

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you guys deal with this. I have a friend which is going towards a NW3Vertex at the moment, another one is reaching NW2+. Both are 20.

Now on the one hand I don't want to be the person that pointed out their hairloss, and make them miserable about it. Heck, if noone ever told me me crown looked flat I probably still wouldn't acknowledge that I was going bald.

On the other hand I want to tell them that there are treatments which they can try, I dont wanna see them getting depressed at some point where hope is pretty much lost while they could have had a chance of saving it.

Then there is the issue that besides my girlfriend and my family noone really knows about me losing hair and taking medication. I am quite shy about the subject.

What is the morally right thing to do here?

larsb

Reaction score
I really think it is up to them to see the issue and address it. When you are losing hair...you know. Even if you are not going bald and see some of the symptoms you notice every little thing...if they really know nothing about the treatments available I would mention what you are doing to address yours...confiding in them, etc.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Sebastien said:
What is the morally right thing to do here?
There's no moral obligation on your part. If they have issues with it, then you'd expect that they'd research/ask around about possible treatments.

But if you're really close with these friends and feel the need to tell them, then make sure to explain it in such a way that they don't walk away feeling paranoid or insecure.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think its up to the individual to take action if they don't like what they see in the mirror any more. But we shouldn't assume people will be affected by hair loss the way we have been.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Just cause countless millions of hairloss-guys around the world dont show up on hairloss forums doesnt mean that they dont suffer. Maybe they understand that it does not offer them any help in the battle. It only makes it worse than it already is :dunno: