Friend Asked Me To Ask You Guys About Question Related To Genetics

Bradbury label

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,my friend wanted to know the answer to this question.He says that he has a family history of balding on his fathers side however his mothers side is all good. His father went bald by the age of 33(so he started pretty late) while everyone on his mothers side has good hair.His question is

1. What are the chances of him avoiding male pattern baldness completely?

2.if he has to have male pattern baldness can he at least have it late in his life at 30s

If you have time to answer it would be very appreciated.FYI,I have a big problem about Propecia and if you have time check out my other post as well.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say his chances are about 50/50.
When it happens I don't know, but the later the better.

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,my friend wanted to know the answer to this question.He says that he has a family history of balding on his fathers side however his mothers side is all good. His father went bald by the age of 33(so he started pretty late) while everyone on his mothers side has good hair.His question is

1. What are the chances of him avoiding male pattern baldness completely?

2.if he has to have male pattern baldness can he at least have it late in his life at 30s

If you have time to answer it would be very appreciated.FYI,I have a big problem about Propecia and if you have time check out my other post as well.

1. There is no way he can avoid it completely if he has inherited the gene , of which the chance is 50/50 as mentioned above.

2. He can prevent further hair loss by starting finasteride and minoxidil.

What is your problem with finasteride? , I have been on it 10 months without problems so far, my hair has improved .

Bradbury label

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. There is no way he can avoid it completely if he has inherited the gene , of which the chance is 50/50 as mentioned above.

2. He can prevent further hair loss by starting finasteride and minoxidil.

What is your problem with finasteride? , I have been on it 10 months without problems so far, my hair has improved .
My problem is that I'm having allergic reactions to it.Its nothing wrong with the finesteride it's just I'm very unlicky

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im same situation as him and started thinning at 21. Usually a bald father = bald son. But the timing could vary.