frequent use of Nizoral okay?

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using Nizoral every other day for fifteen minutes and longer and it feels fantastic. The 1% is what I'm using.

I have no irritation whatsoever from minoxidil and my hair (lol) looks and feels healthy and strong.

Why is everybody else so sparing in their use of Nizoral? The recommendation here is every three to four days for like three minutes in the shower?

Why not apply it like the medication it is? It feels great on my head, at least.

Also, I'm seeing what I believe to be early thickening of the temples (there was a big hole in the right one last week) and since my minoxidil is mainly being spread around the back, I have to attest this to my frequent and throurough use of nizoral.

............I haven't bought the rest of my regimen yet. Soon.

So is such frequent use of nizoral okay? It feels good to me and seems to be a great benefit as I feel zero irritation.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think that using nizoral everyday is bad i do however think it is completely unnessecary.Although you say that on this site we tell you to leave it on for 3 minutes...i think everybody would agree that we've said 5 minutes is the minimum.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
okay, I guess I'll be a pioneer in "deep-length application" of Nizoral :)

G

Teetering on the edge said:
okay, I guess I'll be a pioneer in "deep-length application" of Nizoral :)

I think I might go for 4-5 times a week too!

if my scalp falls off I will tell you.

Ty

G

bluenun said:
I am using it every 2 days and love the smell of it too.

Is this the one you are using? I bought it off the shelf in Boots for £4.99 for 100 ml.
It is spelt Nizorelle instead of Nizoral.

bluenun, that's the wrong one!!

I made the same mistake when starting and bought 'Nizorelle' for a few months before realizing it contains no 'Ketoconazole'

the one you want is in a pink fade / white box with silver / black embossed type, you should find it in your local chemist or health food shop labeled 'NIZORAL' this is the 2% ketoconazole (says 20mg/g on the bottle), it should cost you around £8.50 for 100ml and will last around 5 months at reccommended usage.

Last time I checked boots didn't stock it (well round my way anyhow) but last year it was hard to find and now it is OTC all over the place, so boots might stock it now.

Ty

bluenun

Reaction score
bluenun, that's the wrong one!!

I made the same mistake when starting and bought 'Nizorelle' for a few months before realizing it contains no 'Ketoconazole'

Hi Tynan,

I thought it might be the wrong one, I really want the 1%.

The Nizoralle I have though does contain Ketoconazole.
It is listed in the ingredients, I don't know what % though.

Anyway thanks for answering, I though I would never get a reply :)

Would you care to give me your opinion on whether you think finasteride or dutasteride would be more suitable for me after reading the below post?

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... php?t=9366

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The bottle says just wash and rinse like normal shampoo, but do that twice. I think you leaving in it on for 15 minutes has allowed the "Ketoconazole" to seep into your brain, turning you into a "Ketoconazole" junkie.

Im with the other guy, leaving that crap on for long periods of time dries the hell out of my hair and makes it all frizzy. My scalp is nice and healthy using it 2-3 times a week, for 30 second applications.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it hasn't made mine either, it's still soft. I'll keep it up. If it has the powerful properties that people claim, I'm going to keep going.

Redbone

Reaction score
You guys are doin it all wrong- Read Lee's post on how to shampoo your hair with Keto he says you must use a conditioner and I have heard no mention of such on this thread. I recommend Nizoral conditioner or Infusiom 23. Besides do you actually think a bald man will ever be able to bang britney spears?

G

Redbone said:
You guys are doin it all wrong- Read Lee's post on how to shampoo your hair with Keto he says you must use a conditioner and I have heard no mention of such on this thread. I recommend Nizoral conditioner or Infusiom 23. Besides do you actually think a bald man will ever be able to bang britney spears?

Where would one find 'Lee's post'?

Also Nizoral don't make a conditioner, so how can you recommend it?

G

Would you care to give me your opinion on whether you think finasteride or dutasteride would be more suitable for me

from what you have said and seeing your pictures, I would probably recommend finastaride, it's cheap and has a good saftey record, there are alot of side-effect issues still surrounding dutasteride, it would appear dutasteride is a much riskier proposition for male pattern baldness, your hair doesn't look that bad at all, especially for a 37 year old bloke.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Well whoever said it, I think fred durst banged britney spears and he's prob a norwood 3

I don't like using nizoral too frequently, it also makes my hair thin and frizzy, I personally think my hair looks thicker when I leave it a little greasy.

Redbone

Reaction score
Oh Geez and all this time I thought I was using Nizoral conditioner hmmm. http://www.medshopexpress.com/100064.html

Go to regrowth.com and find the shampoo and its applications- nuff said

Good one about Durst and your right he banged her right up the *** even said so on Howard Stern.

G

:freaked:

sh*t! never seen that before, any good or is it just like normal conditioner?

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral Conditioner has been discontinued recently. Either it's their last batch or they're showing it despite being out of stock.

avri

bluenun

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Would you care to give me your opinion on whether you think finasteride or dutasteride would be more suitable for me

from what you have said and seeing your pictures, I would probably recommend finastaride, it's cheap and has a good saftey record, there are alot of side-effect issues still surrounding dutasteride, it would appear dutasteride is a much riskier proposition for male pattern baldness, your hair doesn't look that bad at all, especially for a 37 year old bloke.

I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment, thanks.

Now I'm off to Boots to get some proper Nizoral :)

Redbone

Reaction score
It is not discontinued, plenty of supply on hand and as I said Dr. Lee says its a must when using Nizoral shampoo.