French lace vs thin skin for first system (with exposed hairline)

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my first system. I don't fully know yet what hairstyle I'll want but likely I will start with something like this

My ideal hairstyle would be a little shorter but I know that a short crop is a less basic style with a system, especially if there is a high fade, so I will leave it until I am more experienced.

I want to decide whether I should go for a thin skin or French lace. I narrowed down to a Lavivid Ares (French lace with skin in back and sides) or Lavivid Mirage (super thin skin). I was originally settled on French lace for the extra breathability. One drawback was the issue of my having black hair and the stock system coming without bleached knots. But this is settled because the salons are saying that the correct color for me would be black-brown and that we'd color it to my natural black. The black-brown would come with bleached knots. So, with that, I was set on that system, with French lace. But I've spoken to more than one salon and they have said that the most popular and default suggestion for most first time wearers is to go with skin, and thin skin if I want to expose the hairline. What do you think is more appropriate for first time? I imagine that if I keep wearing, I will end up trying both. Thank you very much.

Lordwhereismyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
From my personal experience, I prefer lace over skin. As long as the knots in the front are bleached, it looks pretty natural. My issue with skin systems is that it can get really hot and I tend to sweat really easily when I'm hot. I don't have the same problem with any of the lace stock systems since they're more breathable. If you heat up really fast like me, maybe stick to the lace.