free hair transplant sessions?

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
i live in Cleveland, OH. my sister told me the other day she heard some advertisement about some place doing free hair transplant sessions or something. she didn't hear the whole advertisement though. has anyone else who might live near here heard of this? i did a internet search & looked in newspapers & can't find anything on this. i have no idea what this is all about, but it certainly has my attention! i think it's some kind of promotion or something...

G

BE VERY CAREFUL!!! :freaked2:

It could very well be a scam. :shock:

CCS

Reaction score
I heard bosley advertise sometimes that they will give you 100-200 free transplants if you buy at least 600 or so. But they charge twice the market price to begin with and use some out dated methods. Dr Keene has 17 inch monitors for each tech disecting the donor strip. I think I saw some microscopes at bosley. Not sure. I would think the microscope is a pain in the butt compared to a 17 inch monitor, and no one else can see the mistakes, and it is harder to train people.

G

Make no mistake about it. Only microscopic dissection will allow a trained skilled tech to cut the grafts the leanest and to direct proportion to the customized sized blades the surgeon is using. It also can greatly bring down the transection rate by providing the best illumination and magnification to meticulously seperate the FUs from the strip. Not all docs use customized blades and not all have the best trained cutters. Obviously the use of these customized blades produce less trauma and allow for closer spacing of the recipient sites.

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
BE VERY CAREFUL!!! :freaked2:

It could very well be a scam. :shock:
ya that's the first instint in my mind, but it looks like my sister missunderstood the add. it was actually for free laser therapy. that figures! i never believed her for a second!

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
Was it free laser therapy for a hairloss study?
i think it was some kind of thing where ya get a free session when you come in for a consultation for whatever. a hair transplant, or laser. something of that nature. i don't believe in laser. sounds like a scam to me. if it worked, why do people still get surgery then?