Forum posts versus Clinical Data

antonio666

Reaction score
i do not beleive that propecia stops further loss in 80% of men,you only have to look at this forum to know that it works on only the few

beaner

Reaction score
Re: propecia false claims

So you've read posts by hundreds of thousands of people (or more) saying it didn't work?

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score

An internet message board is a terrible place for accurate statistics. After all, we're all here because we have hair loss. Guys who found an answer to their hair loss likely don't spend a lot of time looking for answers for a problem they've solved. =p It's a sensitive issue, anyway, I'm sure most of us would just assume forget about it if we had a working solution (however temporary it may be). I'd bet money that there are a LOT of guys out there who quietly take their finasteride and apply their minoxidil without anyone but the people close to them knowing - hell, I have 2 roomates and neither know I'm on a regimine.

Sean68

Reaction score

the figure quoted by the makers is 83% which i also agree is complete bollocks. when i started the boots hair retention program (ah naive, hopeful days) the figure they quoted was 90%
which is practically a cure but of course we all know there isnt one yet.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score

you got to understand your on a hairloss message board. if say a million people take finasteride and it stops hairloss in 83 percent in 2 years like the trials say and 5 years stoped it in 90 percent, the 17 percent that dont respond go to the message board. so its the same posts you see from same people that dht blockers like finasteride and dutasteride dont work. they make it look like a lot of people when really it isnt. then you have people that it did stop hairloss in but are greedy and feel it should of regrown a ton but thats not fins job, so they bad mouth propecia. all in all in think the 5 year statistics of 90 percent had same hair or better then when they started is within the range of norm give or take 5 percent.

antonio ive seen you bad mouth finasteride and dutasteride a lot did it ever occur to you, you are the unlucky 17 percent that dont respond at all. maybe dht isnt your problem at all and could be some other hormone. in your case a strong topical anti androgen that blocks the binding of testerone dht and other hormones would be a better approach like topical flutamide spironolactone or revivogen.

Pondle

Reaction score

It gets less effective with time - At 12 months, 58% of men in the placebo group had further hair loss (defined as any decrease in hair count from baseline), compared with 14% of men treated with PROPECIA. In men treated for up to 2 years, 72% of men in the placebo group demonstrated hair loss, compared with 17% of men treated with PROPECIA. At 5 years, 100% of men in the placebo group demonstrated hair loss, compared with 35% of men treated with PROPECIA.

Hit5

Reaction score

Check the research out if you want. Come here for personal, anecdotal evidence. (an informal account of evidence in the form of an anecdote or hearsay)