Former bald - interesting article of a young dude who went to Turkey to get hair transplant done

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
This was published today in the largest newspaper in Finland. It's written originally in Finnish so sorry about any mistakes Google Translate has done. In my opinion, his procedure has been mega succesfull as you can see from attached pictures.

Former bald
Many men feel pressure to look out of their fleeing hairline. Hairdresser and beauty activist Johannes Yrjö was so distressed by baldness that he traveled to Istanbul to have a hair transplant.

FOR SUBSCRIBERS

Hair drips from the transplanted hair follicles soon after the hair transplant, and it takes some time before new hair begins to grow in the area. This is what Johannes Yrjö's hair looks like seven months after the hair transplant.

About a WORKING DAY, ie about eight hours. For so long, hairdresser Johannes Yrjö, officially named Johannes Poikkimäki, lay on the treatment table of an Istanbul clinic.

Yrjö underwent a hair transplant last September.

His occiput was anesthetized and less than 3,000 grafts, each containing 1 to 3 hairs, were removed. Then it was the turn of the front of the head where the hair was to be transferred. It was anesthetized, small holes were made in the head, and hair was implanted in the holes made.

"If I hadn't just shaved my hair off, I wouldn't have gone to public places without a beanie."
YRJÖ was 19 years old when a barber school teacher noticed that George's hair was thinning. George refused to believe that now it would begin.

"It was sh*t," says 25-year-old Yrjö via video call from his home in Helsinki.

“We did all the laser treatments on the scalp so we could prevent baldness. But pretty quickly my hairline started to rise and my hair started to thin out. ”

George shaved his hair and started wearing a cap or beanie.

“If I hadn’t just shaved my hair off, I wouldn’t have gone to public places without a beanie. Yes, it was such a perhaps unconscious uncertainty. It somehow came from the backbone of that hiding. ”

Some men wondered at what point it is better to shave all hair away than to cover baldness with other hair.
DESTRUCTION is one of the most typical things that men experience under pressure, says Hanna Ojala, University Lecturer in Gender Studies at the University of Tampere.

“Baldness is associated with aging. In today’s culture, no one wants to look old because that’s when they get treated like old. Old age is marginal. Baldness is a sign of aging in men. ”

Ojala has studied the relationship between middle-aged and older men in appearance in connection with aging. According to him, the appearance pressures of young men related to baldness have not been studied in Finland.

The uncertainty that may be caused by baldness is related to masculinity, whether he looks right as a man and therefore, for example, is attractive in the relationship market, Ojala says.

“If we think of a culturally ideal image of a man, then he is kind of muscular and very fat-free nowadays. He has hair on his head and maybe a beard. ”

Many of the men interviewed by Ojala for the study wondered at what point it is better to shave all hair away than to cover baldness with other hair.
Hair removal is an act by which a balding man can get back into one kind of culturally glorified image of a man, Ojala says.

“If we think of the cultural image of a man, then we have such a very short-haired model of a man, even if we think of soldiers or cops or other men working in a very masculine job. In many cases, their dress code includes short hair, so that the balding man no longer stands out from the crowd. ”

“If I see great people outside, I feel inadequate. Especially from the hair. ”
JOHANNES Yrjö says that he experiences appearance pressures on many things: Hair, especially when the process of growing it was in progress. Her hair was “antenna-like” about him. From the weight. Whether he's muscular enough. Whether he's tall enough.

The pressures come from Some and other people.

“If I see great people outside, I feel inadequate. Especially from the hair. When I do my haircut, I cut my gorgeous hair every day. ”

Johannes Yrjö was a 19-year-old barber-hairdresser student when the teacher drew attention to Yrjö's fleeing hairline.

Our culture has been visualized, and social media has brought bodies to light in a new way, Ojala says. It has also raised men’s appearance pressures into the debate.
According to Ojala, for example, an employee now represents the workplace and the employer in his appearance: it is no longer enough to do his job well, but the external nature communicates, for example, the employer's values or the company's brand.

“Today, appearance is part of an employee’s brand with which he sells himself to the employer. Appearance has become much more central to men than before, and the pressure on what it should look like has increased. ”

"At the same time, we will accept that aging is a disease, and Propecia up a culture and appearance standards that glorify youth."
OJALA finds it problematic that medications are used to control signs of old age, such as baldness. In his view, the problem is not baldness, but a culture alienating aging and its strict ideals of appearance.

According to the health library Duodecim, practically all men with a Finnish genetic heritage have baldness genes. Yet it is the baldness that we are trying to eliminate instead of accepting aging.

“I find it worrying that things related to human biological aging are being turned into diseases, with drugs being developed for them. When medications are available, many people with visual pressures stick to them. Thus, people come to treat natural conditions as if they were diseases. At the same time, we will accept that aging is a disease and Propecia up a culture and appearance standards that glorify youth. ”

Working as a hairdresser, Yrjö had known about hair transplants for a long time, but he didn't think the end result would be good.

"I had the impression that they would look like a doll's head when I had seen some images of 'Hollywood's wrong hair transplants' somewhere."

Hair transplants are performed using two micrograft techniques, says plastic surgeon Timo Pakkanen from the Siluetti Clinic in Helsinki.

In the fue or follicular unit extraction technique, one transplant is taken from the scalp at a time. In the Fut or follicular unit Transplantation technique, a strip of skin is removed from the area of the occipital brain, from which the hair grafts are separated. In the Fue technique, small holes appear in the scalp, in the fut technique, a surgical wound.

In the fue technique, the hair is shaved off the area from which the hair is taken. The shaved spot is visible before the hair grows back.

The Fut technique, in turn, leaves a scar on the scalp, but when the surgical wound is closed, the surrounding hair covers the scar, Pakkanen says.

A few weeks after the hair transplant, the vision can be inconsolable: all the hair falls out of the planted hair follicles.

That's right, because hair grows cyclically, Pakkanen explains. They have a growth phase and a so-called resting phase. Hair transplants go into a resting phase where the hair follicle drops the hair away. Some of the surrounding hair also goes into a resting phase.

"New hair starts to grow from the planted hair follicle in a few weeks or months."

According to Pakkanen, the results of the hair transplant are permanent. Transplantable hair is taken from an area where growing hair is genetically programmed to grow for a long time, Pakkanen says. Therefore, they continue to grow even after transfer, even if the medium changes.

“Gradually, a person becomes bald around the transplanted hair naturally with age,” he says.

New transfers can be made to these areas.

As he googled the procedure, he came across information about nerve damage, such as numbness.
According to the Finnish Association of Plastic Surgeons, there is no statistical or researched information on the prevalence of hair transplants in Finland. Chairman Juha Kiiski estimates that a little over a hundred dozen transfers are made each year.

When a few friends went for a hair transplant, Johannes Yrjök was also interested. Many acquaintances and hairdressing clients had visited a particular clinic in Turkey, and their recovery process and outcome were convincing.

At the clinic, the procedure for 3,000 transplants cost 3,500 euros. The price also included accommodation for two nights. Also had to buy flights. George found them cheap: 240 euros round trip.

The price of the measure, even when traveling, was clearly cheaper than in Helsinki.

In addition to the price, Yrjö weighed the risks. As he googled the procedure, he came across information about nerve damage, such as numbness or nerve spikes radiating to different parts of his head.

However, baldness bothered him so much that he decided to go on an operation to Istanbul despite the risks.

"Then it may not be worth taking action at all."
According to PAKKANEN, there are no significant risks associated with the measure itself. In Fue technology, nerve damage is theoretically possible, but Pakkanen cannot say about its prevalence. He himself cuts with the fut technique.

“Surgical healing problems are rare. It is important to take the graft parallel to the hair follicles and use a long but narrow strip of intake to heal the scar imperceptibly. The same scar can be used for at least three hair transplants. ”

Pakkanen emphasizes that it is important for the patient to discuss with the plastic surgeon before taking the procedure what kind of outcome is possible with his or her hair.

The opacity of the result depends on the color and thickness of the hair and the color of the scalp, he says. After forty years of age, age also affects the result. Baldness is a lifelong process, so multiple transfers are usually required.

“If the hair in the intake area is very thin and sparse, or the thinning of the transplant area is very large relative to the intake area, a good result may not be achieved with multiple transplants. Then it may not be worthwhile to take action at all. ”

YRJÖ wanted to maximize the results of the hair transplant, and therefore he started eating a medicine containing finasteride before the transplant. It naturally prevents the growth of growing hair.

Drugs that affect men’s hair loss have caused controversy because of their side effects. For example, Propecia, a finasteride used for male pattern hair loss, can cause erectile dysfunction, decreased sexual desire, and ejaculation problems.

Johannes Yrjö is used to being bald wearing headgear, and he has not given up the habit yet.
There is also a medicine containing minoxidil that is used topically, Pakkanen says. It prevents the progression of hair loss and can cause new hair to grow.

The drug does not have the same side effects as finasteride, and it is also suitable for women, but its use must be continued for the rest of your life if you do not want to lose the benefit gained.

"Nothing has ever happened to me as much as that anesthesia."
IN SEPTEMBER, Yrjö finally settled down.

“Nothing has ever happened to me as much as that anesthesia. It was just awful. They probably poked the needle 15 times. It felt like the needle wouldn't go in, ”Yrjö recalls.

Yrjö says that he breathed joy gas. The operation itself or recovery from it produced little pain.

"It just felt like the scalp was burnt."

George initially slept with his head raised, supported by a neck pillow and another plush pillow. Everything seemed to have gone well otherwise, but the feeling of the scalp weakened at first.

“For the first three months, I didn’t feel anything terribly on my scalp. The scalp was allowed to be pressed by hand properly, then only felt. But it's gone now. ”

YRJÖ has shared its hair transplant process with more than 13,000 Instagram followers. In addition, she has published videos on the progress of hair growth.

“I wanted to share a story and normalize a hair transplant. Many acquaintances have visited, but have not dared to tell anyone. It would be good if the debate was more open around baldness. ”

This is how Johannes Yrjö's hair has grown in seven months

The public was excited, especially since George left for Turkey during the Korona period.

“I thought, f***, the gang thinks I'm a daija, I'm going on a trip like that. But I was at the hotel for five days, and there were direct transfers to the clinic directly. ”

He says he has received dozens of positive feedbacks about the open sharing of the hair transplant process itself.

“For years, I hadn’t put any material on myself without a hat or shown what my hair would look like. That so few of them are. ”

It has now been about seven months since the hair transplant and the hair has grown well.

"I'm pretty happy."

Now, seven months after the operation, Yrjö is satisfied with the outcome.

Although George now has hair, he still considers himself bald. Caps and beanies have been a means of shrouding his head in his eyes, and he has not yet given up his habit.

“My hair is mega curly, and I haven’t always been able to put it on. That's why I put on my hat sometimes. ”

Attachments

• a58b83cf210f4978a1293bb6cd55fb87.jpg
    a58b83cf210f4978a1293bb6cd55fb87.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 138
  • b9d2cde89bdb4e3bbaa2045024546e9f.jpg
    b9d2cde89bdb4e3bbaa2045024546e9f.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 151

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i wonder how it looks on top and on the crown. regardless big improvement.

extra note: i didnt read the text but i suspect the guy is gay?