Forget The Hair. Science Figures Out What Women Want...

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two considerations:
1. We always knew women prefer taller men, as men prefer taller women (except for @JohnsonDDG, who prefers petite women). The article, however, does not specify if higher L-B ratios are common in taller people. If that is the case, then this article does not say anything we did not already know.

2. The article does not say what other variables were included in the study. They say:

Researchers measured the body proportions of 9,000 men in the US military. They used the data to generate computer simulations of an average male body.

Scientists then manipulated this figure, making its arms and legs shorter or longer.

So... they are Saying that other elements are NOT taken into consideration...

For me, it’s tantamount to making a study if having money is better than been poor. If the other variables become constant, of course it is.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
damn i have short legs too :-( time to look at this leg breaking surgery :eek:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
women dig huge dicks

shaved bald head looks like a huge dick

solved

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What they do in these studies, to expand on @Roberto_72's point, is that they manipulate the images of real people one body part at a time. There are a few issues with this:

1) We don't know if they're manipulating them correctly. There could also be some uncanny value issues, whereby the body parts that are manipulated correctly end up being the ones that are preferred.
2) Within the real world, body parts don't actually vary independently of one another. There are various correlations, for example people with bigger feet tend to be taller, those with wider shoulders tend to have wider forearms, and so on. We don't know all of these correlations, but we know that they're there. As such a study which manipulates one body part at a time is not creating meaningful human facsimiles.