Forehead lines (Minoxidil)

G

-cj- said:
Do you do anything to take care of your face?

What do you mean exactly? If I used to care my face on a regular basis, even before starting my treatment?

Do the average man apply creams to their faces?

I bought a humectant cream today, will try with that one. I don't need to reverse the situation, I just want to stop the dry process.

I felt like a metrosexual guy today asking the girl in Parfumerie about a cream for my face. :hairy:

I just used to wash my face like a normal guy, when I taked a shower, or woke up.. but never applied any cream to it. I am a man. :)

G

The Gardener said:
Besides, take into consideration the age group of most members on this MB. We are starting to suffer male pattern baldness, starting to mature, starting to feel effects of the ageing process... who is to say that the wrinkling is not attributable to ageing, in general. Hate to break it to you all, but you aren't going to keep a baby face all your lives, and when you reach the point in your life that you start suffering male pattern baldness, I would consider it quite normal to also start seeing some wrinkling of the skin as well.

I know man, I know.. But I am 25 only. :( :(

I think it's like saying that losing our hair is like a normal process when we get older. I can accept losing my hair as "normal" if I am 50 or 60..

But not with 25. :( :(

The Gardener

Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
I felt like a metrosexual guy today asking the girl in Parfumerie about a cream for my face.

LOL!... GoodGuy, we are ALL a bunch of metrosexuals here. Talking about things like what shampoos are good, facial wrinking, supplements, good haircuts...

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
-cj- said:

What do you mean exactly? If I used to care my face on a regular basis, even before starting my treatment?

I bought a humectant cream today, will try with that one. I don't need to reverse the situation, I just want to stop the dry process.

I felt like a metrosexual guy today asking the girl in Parfumerie about a cream for my face. :hairy:

I just used to wash my face like a normal guy, when I taked a shower, or woke up.. but never applied any cream to it. I am a man. :)

Well then, you can expect wrinkles.

I've had forehead wrinkles from the womb, haha. I take a extremely good care of my face. You should start moisturizing daily, your face will thank you for it. Be sure to get a non-comedogenic lotion.

Felk

Reaction score
-cj- said:
GoodGuy said:
[quote="-cj-":7677e]

I've had forehead wrinkles from the womb, haha. I take a extremely good care of my face. You should start moisturizing daily, your face will thank you for it. Be sure to get a non-comedogenic lotion.[/quote:7677e]

Im pretty sure it's unknown if it gives any benefit for wrinkles long term, moisturisation. Though it probably helps somewhat, im not sure.

The only thing that is proven for wrinkles is retin-a and other retinoids.

The Gardener

Reaction score
According to MY dermatologist, dry skin does NOT cause wrinkles.

Dry skin CAN exacerbate the appearance of existing wrinkles, but moisturizing your face will NOT reduce the rate at which ones skin develops new wrinkles.

Sorry, but it's a myth.

Wrinkles are caused by a combination of gravity, ageing of the skin that manifests itself in progressively slower turnover of skin cells, and damage to underlying connective tissue, generally caused by the sun.

All that moisturization does is "puff up" the surface layer of dead skin cells, making small surface discrepancies less visible. It doesn't help fight the underlying cause of wrinkles.

If you REALLY want to fight wrinkles, there are topicals that fight two of the three causes above. There is nothing we can do about gravity... but regular application of alpha hydroxy acid skin peels exfoliates and increases the cell turnover on the facial surface so that the outer, and visible, layer of skin is made up of younger skin cells. Copper peptides help repair underlying tissue structure, as does Retinoin (Retin A).

The best way to keep your skin moisturized is not to apply a topical moisturizer, but to stay well hydrated internally. This means drinking more water. Sleep also has a big impact on skin tone, for some reason, when you short yourself sleep, it tends to affect the skin rather dramatically in the form of enlarged pores and droopiness.

Another factor in skin health is the removal of dirt. Dirt collects in sebum, and clogs pores causing acne. Every day, one needs to remove the sebum to remove the dirt. My dermatologist recommended a daily wash of the face with REAL soap and water, using a washcloth in a gentle circular motion to also exfoliate as dead skin cells are a factor in the acne equation as well. He said that you really have to CLEAN you skin, and although this strips the skin of sebum, it is crucial that the dirt and dead skin that the sebum carries is removed from your face. Additionally, sebum is full of excreted body wastes and toxins. You need to get it OFF your face.

After washing, if your skin type is sensitive you could, optionally, replace this layer of lipids by applying a non-comedegenic moisturizer. This replaces the "puffed up" healthiness that sebum provides, but does it with a substance that is free of dirt, dead skin, and excreted toxins.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
for the first time in many years of my life, i experience dry skin which is often oily. now it is dry and tight.

could anti-androgenic cause dry skin?

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
According to MY dermatologist, dry skin does NOT cause wrinkles.

Dry skin CAN exacerbate the appearance of existing wrinkles, but moisturizing your face will NOT reduce the rate at which ones skin develops new wrinkles.

Sorry, but it's a myth.

Wrinkles are caused by a combination of gravity, ageing of the skin that manifests itself in progressively slower turnover of skin cells, and damage to underlying connective tissue, generally caused by the sun.

All that moisturization does is "puff up" the surface layer of dead skin cells, making small surface discrepancies less visible. It doesn't help fight the underlying cause of wrinkles.

If you REALLY want to fight wrinkles, there are topicals that fight two of the three causes above. There is nothing we can do about gravity... but regular application of alpha hydroxy acid skin peels exfoliates and increases the cell turnover on the facial surface so that the outer, and visible, layer of skin is made up of younger skin cells. Copper peptides help repair underlying tissue structure, as does Retinoin (Retin A).

The best way to keep your skin moisturized is not to apply a topical moisturizer, but to stay well hydrated internally. This means drinking more water. Sleep also has a big impact on skin tone, for some reason, when you short yourself sleep, it tends to affect the skin rather dramatically in the form of enlarged pores and droopiness.

Another factor in skin health is the removal of dirt. Dirt collects in sebum, and clogs pores causing acne. Every day, one needs to remove the sebum to remove the dirt. My dermatologist recommended a daily wash of the face with REAL soap and water, using a washcloth in a gentle circular motion to also exfoliate as dead skin cells are a factor in the acne equation as well. He said that you really have to CLEAN you skin, and although this strips the skin of sebum, it is crucial that the dirt and dead skin that the sebum carries is removed from your face. Additionally, sebum is full of excreted body wastes and toxins. You need to get it OFF your face.

After washing, if your skin type is sensitive you could, optionally, replace this layer of lipids by applying a non-comedegenic moisturizer. This replaces the "puffed up" healthiness that sebum provides, but does it with a substance that is free of dirt, dead skin, and excreted toxins.

Which is why I use a Moisturizer with Alpha Hydroxy's and a Alpha Hydroxy Facial Peel :p.

English

Established Member
Reaction score
introduce a spoon of extra virgin olive oil into your diet. If you dont like the taste mix it with or spread over food. ...... I've also been haering a lot of good things about 'Bio oil' applied to problem areas. may be worth looking into.

G

-cj- said:

I've had forehead wrinkles from the womb, haha. I take a extremely good care of my face. You should start moisturizing daily, your face will thank you for it. Be sure to get a non-comedogenic lotion.

Which creams and/or lotions do you use?

Could you recommend me some? (by name or mark)

If it's not a secret, of course. :lol:

The Gardener

Reaction score
I suggest one from this line, that have potent AHA content:

http://www.alphahydrox.com/

They have a lot of products, but for a daily am moisturizer you should choose from the "enhanced cream" or the "enhanced lotion" from their "the orginal" menu. Whether you use the cream or lotion depends on your skin type, the cream suits my skin better, but for other skin types a lotion might work better.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
-cj- said:

Which creams and/or lotions do you use?

Could you recommend me some? (by name or mark)

If it's not a secret, of course. :lol:

Lotion:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... T-0-SEARCH

Peel:
http://www.stives.com/products/show_product.cfm?type=13

I'm going to experiment with others probably as well.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay, Finally got ahold of Dr.Pickart today. he didnt have much time but here's what he told me.

I asked how i can keep my face looking smooth, youthfull, soft, and get rid of those forhead lines. Here's what he said.

For forhead lines only - Super Cop 2X. Once at night, he said that many people have been getting rid of lines with this. He said people rub it in the lines with an eyebrow brush. Apply very lightly and use with caution.

To keep your face looking soft, smooth, youthfull, regenerated,ect - CP-Serum, and Emu Oil. You always apply Emu Oil last and only a very tiny bit, your face shouldnt be greasy.

Internal - Good Multi-Vitamin http://www.vitacost.com/NSISynergyMultiVitaminVersion10

- MSM 1-3 grams.
- Borage Oil - 1-3 grams.
- exercise is great for the skin and blood flow, do a solid 3 hours per week total.

I wanted to ask him about a good cream to get rid of this damn peach fuzz all over my face due to the Minoxidil but he had to cut me short.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... interesting. I'm 23, have been using minoxidil for 4 years now and recently people have started to comment on my forehead lines. I also have bad bags under my eyes.

I don't see a lot of sun and I have naturally very greasy skin so I put a lot of this down to the stress of losing my hair which has taken its toll on my face and give me a very weary, haggered (sp?) look. :(

Btw I've been trying L'Oreal Wrinkle de-crease moisturiser but to no avail.

G

Thanks for those creams guys. I will take a look at it. I hope this solves my problem. :eek: