For Women Who've Used Rogaine/minoxidil...did You Get Any Regrowth?

Michelle828

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm inquiring with real users of women's minoxidil. I've been on it for 2 months and no regrowth just a massive shed initally. Now my hair looks spacey all around no dense whatsoever. In other words, hair looked worse than before. I see NO regrowth which leads me to another question...if I quit minoxidil will I have another massive shed?? I'm under the impression you lol just lose all the hair you've grown and since I haven't grown any will it still happen? I'm going today to get shots in my head to help me grow new hair. Thank you.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive been on it for 3 months now with minimal regrowth, I will however keep using it because I'm not losing as much hair as I did so if it wont regrow at least I would be keeping what I have. I'm 5 years into hair loss but ive used minoxidil after 1 year of hair loss and had great results because I had lots of active follicles and very little thinning but I wasn't compliant and now I wish I were because I lost like half my hair :)

Michelle828

My Regimen
Reaction score
ive been on it for 3 months now with minimal regrowth, I will however keep using it because I'm not losing as much hair as I did so if it wont regrow at least I would be keeping what I have. I'm 5 years into hair loss but ive used minoxidil after 1 year of hair loss and had great results because I had lots of active follicles and very little thinning but I wasn't compliant and now I wish I were because I lost like half my hair :)
Thanks for responding:) I've been on it for like 3 months myself. I haven't seen any regrowth though. Sadly. And now my hair is depedent on it. I HOPE after a year I see something but I'm sure if I was gonna have regrowth it happened by now!

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for responding:) I've been on it for like 3 months myself. I haven't seen any regrowth though. Sadly. And now my hair is depedent on it. I HOPE after a year I see something but I'm sure if I was gonna have regrowth it happened by now!
I think even if it doesn't induce hair growth by it self and just stabilizes the hair loss, then the crazy amounts of normal terminal hairs we were losing prior to using minoxidil will regrow and stabilize too because minoxidil prolongs the anagen phase, so this in itself will cause some thickening, it's just a hypothesis of mine, I think I will give the ZIX lotion a try with minoxidil and see what happens, they say it works so I will give it a go for 3 months and see what happens

Michelle828

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hhm
I think even if it doesn't induce hair growth by it self and just stabilizes the hair loss, then the crazy amounts of normal terminal hairs we were losing prior to using minoxidil will regrow and stabilize too because minoxidil prolongs the anagen phase, so this in itself will cause some thickening, it's just a hypothesis of mine, I think I will give the ZIX lotion a try with minoxidil and see what happens, they say it works so I will give it a go for 3 months and see what happens
Hhhmmm... Thanks for the recomendation! I'm going to have to look into that! Do you just apply to your scalp? And glad everything is working for you. My hair is sad looking. I have to keep it short and blow dry in order to get volume. Sad =(

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm inquiring with real users of women's minoxidil. I've been on it for 2 months and no regrowth just a massive shed initally. Now my hair looks spacey all around no dense whatsoever. In other words, hair looked worse than before. I see NO regrowth which leads me to another question...if I quit minoxidil will I have another massive shed?? I'm under the impression you lol just lose all the hair you've grown and since I haven't grown any will it still happen? I'm going today to get shots in my head to help me grow new hair. Thank you.

I had excellent results with minoxidil..I have kept a thread about my regimen and time line.

I think I shed week 3 and 4 and week 5 and 6 I could see in a magnifying mirror little sprouts--but a larger than normal magnifying mirror...it took a while to notice it in regular mirror I cant say for sure by maybe like month 3 and 4...I am on month 7 and its looks normal to naked eye now.
I got a lot of darkening of facial hair when it kicked in as well--not horrible but I went and got threading (removal) for it..
I think if it's working you will also get a little darkening of facial hair around side burns and around hair line..this may depend on ethnic background and coloring also..im brunette Italian for example.

Some people don't get regrowth but do stabilize. I do not know if they shed initially when this happens or not.

Michelle828

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I
I had excellent results with minoxidil..I have kept a thread about my regimen and time line.

I think I shed week 3 and 4 and week 5 and 6 I could see in a magnifying mirror little sprouts--but a larger than normal magnifying mirror...it took a while to notice it in regular mirror I cant say for sure by maybe like month 3 and 4...I am on month 7 and its looks normal to naked eye now.
I got a lot of darkening of facial hair when it kicked in as well--not horrible but I went and got threading (removal) for it..
I think if it's working you will also get a little darkening of facial hair around side burns and around hair line..this may depend on ethnic background and coloring also..im brunette Italian for example.

Some people don't get regrowth but do stabilize. I do not know if they shed initially when this happens or not.
I wish I had regrowth! I suppose it's stablized now? I do have darker facial hair though but nothing noticeable lol you're lucky! Least you have regrowth. And yes, I've shedded too. My hair looks worse than before I started but least it's stabilized. Gotta look at glass half full lol you sound beautiful! =)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I

I wish I had regrowth! I suppose it's stablized now? I do have darker facial hair though but nothing noticeable lol you're lucky! Least you have regrowth. And yes, I've shedded too. My hair looks worse than before I started but least it's stabilized. Gotta look at glass half full lol you sound beautiful! =)

You have to give it a year to really know if it's working is what my Dermatologist told me before I started--and she said even if yu don't see regrowth it can help your current hair stabilize--she is a top alopecia dermatologist in NYC so I trust her knowledge about it...If you did not continuously shed massive amounts I would stay on it for a year and take really good photos now and then again in a year to see if you stabilized...i know that is not much gratification for now but hopefully it will kick in some regrowth in a few months...everyone is a little different.

Michelle828

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to give it a year to really know if it's working is what my Dermatologist told me before I started--and she said even if yu don't see regrowth it can help your current hair stabilize--she is a top alopecia dermatologist in NYC so I trust her knowledge about it...If you did not continuously shed massive amounts I would stay on it for a year and take really good photos now and then again in a year to see if you stabilized...i know that is not much gratification for now but hopefully it will kick in some regrowth in a few months...everyone is a little different.
Well i stopped taking it for a week and i started to shed badly. So my hair needs it now =( no going off forever unless I wanna lose even more hair. But who knows maybe I'll see some regrowth later! I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed =)

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hhm

Hhhmmm... Thanks for the recomendation! I'm going to have to look into that! Do you just apply to your scalp? And glad everything is working for you. My hair is sad looking. I have to keep it short and blow dry in order to get volume. Sad =(

I apply generous amounts and work it in my scalp lightly with my fingers but not too much so they don't absorb the liquid, I too have lost almost 50% hair density and have to keep it shoulder length and blow dry it so it doesn't look lifeless and limp :/