For those who have been doing scalp massages and it made you shed, did it grow back/came back thicker/regrowth or did it never come back?

Scalp massages and what they caused

• It shed for me, and came back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It shed for me and came back thicker and regrew hair

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It shed for me and never came back

• It didn’t really shed me or make me grow hair or anything

• It didn’t shed at all for me, only regrowth and added thickness

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

itsallgood2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all! So I’ve been on the edge with starting a scalp massage regime, but I’m scared as I’ve seen lots of folks say that it caused them to have hair loss, some say hair loss never grew back...

When you look at every single treatment for hair loss it seems there’s always an initial shed but it still scares me.

For those who have had an initial shed from hair massage, who can now say that it came back or came back better or what ever when CONTINUING the scalp massages??

Also, what hair massage regime are you doing, perfect hair health by rob or?? I know a lot are not doing it properly and could be going to hard so that would also be useful to know!

Or is there anyone here who knows 100% their doing the massages correctly, it made you shed a bunch of hair and then it never came back?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a lot of permutations to deal with. I did try to do Rob's massages and I did experience substantial shedding to baldness but I don't think that it was entirely the fault of the massages although they are very rough in my estimation and should not be done without great caution. I was also using HRT to regrow hair and that was probably equally to blame for the extent of my shed, which was all but total. Yes, it all grew back and much much nicer but then again, I have added oral minoxidil and much more estradiol to my protocol.

I have also derma-rolled but I don't blame that for the shed and that has to do with derma-rolling not feeling destructive in terms of actually yanking on or moving the follicles too much, the way that massaging can. I have started back doing light massage but I fear it causing shedding some still. I can actually feel what seems to be fibrous material breaking up as I do it. I also believe that gently pushing the scalp on top and the sides gently forward might be beneficial to temporal hair regrowth so I do that. This makes sense in terms of the scalp displacement theories of hair loss.