For Those Who Had "finasteride Shed", When Did It Stop?

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have started around 52 days ago finasteride and I am shedding like crazy. Everytime I move my hand through my hair I get 2-3 hairs. I shed alot in every shower. Currently finasteride is definitely speeding my hairloss.

So for those who experienced "finasteride shed", how long did you experience it and after how many months since starting finasteride did it stop?

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had multiple sheds my first year. Not everyone does so you should monitor it closely or see the prescribing doctor if you think it's best.

I highly suggest that you get a portable USB microscope. They're about $20 on Amazon and eBay. I have one that I connect to my computer. I use it to take a quick peek for growth and the quality of the vellus hairs anytime I shed more than usual.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had multiple sheds my first year. Not everyone does so you should monitor it closely or see the prescribing doctor if you think it's best.

I highly suggest that you get a portable USB microscope. They're about $20 on Amazon and eBay. I have one that I connect to my computer. I use it to take a quick peek for growth and the quality of the vellus hairs anytime I shed more than usual.

Did your hair recover from the sheds?