For Those Who Don't Believe That Dutasteride Is Hurting My Hairline...

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
Before pics (also includes pics of hairline after a year on finasteride):

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/my-results-after-a-year-on-finpecia.93607/

Now:

MGvOjbm.jpg

I don't blame this ENTIRELY on dutasteride. I first started noticing this temple thinning when I switched from finpecia to fincar, then I went back to finpecia but it never recovered. Now I'm on dutas ~3 months and it's 100% worse than ever. I used to be able to cover up this spot, after being on dutas I can't. I'm pretty much a NW3 now. It's terribly depressing.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're like a Norwood 2 at the worse IMO. Although you may be worse than you were one year in on finasteride, you still look above baseline to me. Give dutasteride a few more months.

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
You're like a Norwood 2 at the worse IMO. Although you may be worse than you were one year in on finasteride, you still look above baseline to me. Give dutasteride a few more months.

Believe it or not, I was actually able to cover up that spot at baseline...

Gonna stay on dutasteride indefinitely. I don't really have a choice.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol bro, you are 100% better now , you 're hairline is filling with hair .
this thread convinces me to jump on dutasteride.
Do you have side effect with duta now ? Do you get gyno or other sides ?
Were you a god responder to propecia?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to bother you with this , but ive been on propecia for 22 mont and i am below baseline , i had almost the same hairline as you when you started . And i a ascared to try duta because of the gyno side effect .

beaner

Reaction score
Is this thread real? All you have proved is that the sh*t works. Your hairline is very obviously better than before.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My man, are you serious? Now that your hair is improving I would get your eyes checked @JHCL1990

I bet most people who complain about their hair getting worse on finasteride/dutasteride don't have baseline pics to compare it to. Also, you have only been on dutasteride for 3 months so expect your hair to improve more with time.

Last edited:

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
It is not better. The angles are fooling you.

zesmgOX.jpg

GyNl5Vy.jpg

The black line represents (as you can see) my original hairline. The red line represents further recession since being on meds.

You're partially correct, as I have grown new hair on my hairline, but it is thin and worthless. However, I've also receeded back/up further. Like I said, I cannot cover up the are anymore.

YES, IF ALL THAT THIN HAIR THICKENED UP MY HAIRLINE WOULD BE 10X BETTER THAN BASELINE, BUT IT HASN'T.

Trust me... I want it to be better...

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
lol bro, you are 100% better now , you 're hairline is filling with hair .
this thread convinces me to jump on dutasteride.
Do you have side effect with duta now ? Do you get gyno or other sides ?
Were you a god responder to propecia?

I've had no negative sides. Both meds have made me shed badly. I couldn't see any difference on finasteride, but I was shedding like crazy constantly. Same with dutasteride, except I'm seeing more skull.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This must be a joke, lots of people would kill to have so good results. I knew Duta could give some regrowth but no idea it was this good. Impressive.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man you totally had regrowth, I don't know how you don't see it haha.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, I know it's frustrating to hear this, because you know first hand what happened, but... despite the angle, there is definitely regrowth. the first pic your hair is long and see through all over. the second pic, it's shorter and thicker. This is making me reconsider dutasteride.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok bro i update my post, maybe you were a little bit better after 1 year of propecia .
So you got a shed after starting duta ? ANd now you have got small hair regrowing , give it some time and you are going to have a perfect hairline .
So you have got no sides with dutasteride? I will start it asap

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You were a good responder to propecia during the first year? And since how long have you lost your temple ?
f*** me , i knew that i had to try duta first before doing this bullshit of minoxidil .bro you have regrow a slick bald area with dutasteride .

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You only need to look at those three forehead wrinkles on both pics to see how much regrowth uve had..

Your before photo ur diffuse right onto top if your head. Didnt look good for you.

Duta working well for me too

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man i don't know what to do after reading this post , because know i am convinced that duta can be the cure for some of us balding suferer , but i am still scared to use it , because of the fear it could ruin my hormone .
Ar you sure you didnt get more sides with duta ?

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** me , i knew that i had to try duta first before doing this bullshit of minoxidil .bro you have regrow a slick bald area with dutasteride .
We should all shar our bad experience with minoxidil, its frustrating that so many people waste 1-3 years before admitting minoxidil didnt help, its giving people false hope and delayed treatment, so many people are bald because they got fooled into trying minoxidil.

I see more and more people are saying that Newbies should go straight to Duta, sure looks like they were right all along, onlu Duta can halt thinning completely and often give good regrowth, its now Duta or shave the head and let it shed freely.