for those unable to eliminate scalp inflamation

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
Go to your grocery store, buy a FRESH pineapple, when you eat it (the pineapple) take note of the pineapples antiinflamtory effects vis a vis your scalp. post your responses.

G

Grr... :evil:

I'm not supposed to say it anymore but this guy is reminding me of a word that starts with the letter "H" and ends with "omo!!! You f**!!!!!!!!"

Meh :roll:

hopewas

Reaction score
looks like your dad did a good job brainwashing you to hate faggots. not me though,..i'm not racist.. i hate everyone equally :)

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
point taken: take note vs. take not.

Pineapple contains Bromelain, Bromelain is a clinically proven anti inflamatory. Now, which one of you guys are able to address this topic like gentlemen and scientists.

Oxhide where are you? some fellas require enlitegnment once again. What do you stagnant gossipers have to say?

peace

G

cosmo gene said:
point taken: take note vs. take not.

Pineapple contains Bromelain, Bromelain is a clinically proven anti inflamatory. Now, which one of you guys are able to address this topic like gentlemen and scientists.

Oxhide where are you? some fellas require enlitegnment once again. What do you stagnant gossipers have to say?

peace

Bromelain is used by some trainers to help reduce inflammation and induce repair by some trainers where the issues are neuromuscular in nature. I have not seen any research on how this might impact hair loss. Did you find any or are you simply making a leap here?

G

bombscience said:
I'll gladly eat pineapple I love it.

The only issue with pineapple is that it is loaded with glucose and will send your blook sugar soaring. Hi Carb all the way.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
pineapple is a fruit, aren't fruits sweet because of fructose =, fructose has minimal effect on blood sugars. Perhaps I am going out on a limb here, I'll eat my FRESH pineapple and report its results for the good of my hairloss brothers.

G

cosmo gene said:
pineapple is a fruit, aren't fruits sweet because of fructose =, fructose has minimal effect on blood sugars. Perhaps I am going out on a limb here, I'll eat my FRESH pineapple and report its results for the good of my hairloss brothers.

Well, ultimately, fructose actually causes a rebound spike in insulin levels that makes it worse in this regard than sucrose.

And, pineapple has many nutritional positives, its just that if you are low carbing it, it is a no no. Don't see many buff folks from the SP Islands, no! :)

Don't know how you will isolate its hair loss impact (if any) for your use to be of any value. But, good luck anyway.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
Bruce, how dose fructose cause a 'rebound' blood sugar effect for those that are not on the Atkins diet? Guys remember Fresh pineapple contains three times the bromelain as canned pineapple (pasterization effect denatures enzymes).

Marc E

Reaction score
Good Advice

Thanks for the advice. Im going to try to take Bromeline as a supplement. I know alot of women who take it after plastic surgery to reduce the redness.

G

cosmo gene said:
Bruce, how dose fructose cause a 'rebound' blood sugar effect for those that are not on the Atkins diet? Guys remember Fresh pineapple contains three times the bromelain as canned pineapple (pasterization effect denatures enzymes).

My understanding is willcause the rebound effect for everyone, not just those on Atkins; its just that others may not care or notice.

HOW is does it is beyond me, I simply have seen studies that refer to this effect.

If you have concerns about the fructose but want the enzymes, I know you can buy just the enzymes.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok Ok blood sugar effect for all intents and purposes neither here nor there. However, from my anecdotal experience the actual fresh pineapple has a more profound biological effect than bromelain tablets. So based on my anecdotal experience (I am not a doctor), I would recommend experimenting with an actual fresh pineapple, not canned not juiced and not tableted. AN actual fresh pineapple. Rince cut eat. yum yum.

obviously the brothers that are unable to eat fruit please don't eat the pineapple.

good luck

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
cosmo gene said:

Pineapple is kinda on the high end of the glycemic index. About like grapes and bananas.
Also wouldn't all that sugar tend to interact with bacteria on your scalp. Like food for bacteria?

If you want to experiement with bromelain, why not go to puritan.com [or somewhere like that] and buy the pills? All the benefits, without the calories and/or mess!! :)
cosmo gene said:
=, fructose has minimal effect on blood sugars.
This is not true. Isn't that the reason hypoglycemic people will eat a banana---to quickly raise their sugar. Bananas and pineapple have a similar glycemic index.
Diabetics, as far as I know, do not eat a lot of fruit.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok Ok.

For those that are sensitive to blood sugar vis a vis certain fruits, I would recommend combining the pineapple with a balanced meal thus the net blood sugar effect from the combined meal (as long as the other foods are low glycemic) will be balnced. From my anecdotal experience bromelain tablets just aren't as biologically effective as an actual fresh pineapple.

the inclusion of fat in a meal will dramatically lower the net glycemic index of a meal.

Marie joe: I am not a doctor, however if you are sensitive to sugars and harmfull bacteria i would recommend looking into probiotic supplements, primal defense is a goodie, expensive though. Also garlic is a natural antibacterial

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
cosmo gene said:
Ok Ok.

For those that are sensitive to blood sugar vis a vis certain fruits, I would recommend combining the pineapple with a balanced meal thus the net blood sugar effect from the combined meal (as long as the other foods are low glycemic) will be balnced. From my anecdotal experience bromelain tablets just aren't as biologically effective as an actual fresh pineapple.

the inclusion of fat in a meal will dramatically lower the net glycemic index of a meal.

Marie joe: I am not a doctor, however if you are sensitive to sugars and harmfull bacteria i would recommend looking into probiotic supplements, primal defense is a goodie, expensive though. Also garlic is a natural antibacterial

I guess we did beat a dead horse over the pineapple. And, I didn't thoroughly read the last two posts. Sorry.

Thanks, but I'm not really sugar-sensitive. I'm low-carbing, and was probably OD'd on carbs. :lol: :roll: And, you may not be a doctor, but my chiropractor recently recommended probiotics. :lol: I haven't researched them yet, don't know too much about them.
It seems there's always some new supplement to consider.... :roll:

PS: I truly enjoy reading the guys forum and sometimes can't resist adding my 2-cents. It's a whole other world here!!