For Those That Had Or Have Long Hair...

WilliamHung

Reaction score
What have you done to deal with the hair loss? How do you build the nerve to cut it all off after so long? I had long hair for almost 20 years but don't want to end up like this...
AlLeong-465x361.jpg

Even though he was a bad ***

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I eventually just got tired of it actually. Plus I am diffusing in a NW6 pattern so it is in the stages of becoming combovery so long hair doesn't really look good anymore. I have it at about an inch and a half now and it still looks slightly diffuse and much flatter than it was before ( I used to have curly hair when I had full density). I may end up going to a buzz cut if it gets much worse. I am hoping that finasteride and minoxidil will do something for me or at least help me maintain.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plus minoxidil is hard to apply if you have long hair. I struggle to get it in my scalp and not the hair and my hair is only about an inch.

WilliamHung

Reaction score
I think i will take the same route...see how it looks short but i think my hair has gotten too thin and will probably have to go buzz or bald

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's just hard to make long hair look good if you are a Norwood 3 or beyond with less than perfect density.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Growing up I absolutely hated cutting my hair short. I used to get compliments on my longer hair all the time. (Wasn't crazy long but was down to my shoulders, insanely thick and wavy). Was nuts how much girls were into longer hair. As I started losing hair I kept the long hair for a few months but stopped getting the compliments. Realized I couldn't hold onto it so cut it short. Looks infinitely better shorter. Honestly wish I would of cut my hair like this before I was losing hair because it would have looked way better than it does now and I actually really like how it looks short. Either way I am out of college and starting my job now so the longer hair wouldn't look as professional in my career path. When you start losing your hair (NW3+) you really can't pull off the longer hairstyles anymore. Shorter will almost always look better.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plus minoxidil is hard to apply if you have long hair. I struggle to get it in my scalp and not the hair and my hair is only about an inch.

It really isn't, to honest. I'm able to apply a thick lotion of high concentrated Minoxidil, no issues. Been doing that for four years now.