For those of you with success on finasteride

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
How long until you saw results with finasteride only? I am trying to get an idea of average response time...

And by success I mean anything above baseline.

I have been on for 3-4 months and I am below baseline =(

DeadLine

Reaction score
Instantly noticed a complete stop of hair loss, and saw most of the regrowth after 5-6 months ;)/

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
How long until you saw results with finasteride only? I am trying to get an idea of average response time...

And by success I mean anything above baseline.

I have been on for 3-4 months and I am below baseline =(

You need to wait the full year with proper photographs then access. Treating hairloss requires patience, no way around it.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Instantly noticed a complete stop of hair loss, and saw most of the regrowth after 5-6 months ;)/

Did you see any slow progrss leading up to 6 months? Or bam started sprouting more hairs at 6 months?

- - - Updated - - -

You need to wait the full year with proper photographs then access. Treating hairloss requires patience, no way around it.

I know I am trying... But so far finasteride has just thinned me out (a lot), and made my forelock and crown much worse.

I am just looking for quick responses on how others on here responded to finasteride alone

g.i joey

Reaction score
But so far finasteride has just thinned me out (a lot), and made my forelock and crown much worse.

same... almost 2 months in and my hairs thinner than ever. im really hoping on some thickening, im not even expecting regrowth.

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
Juuuust about 2 years on and my hair is worst than ever. Been on rogaine for about 8+ months too. I was best at ~1 year 6 months or so

runnin72

Reaction score
I just got prescription for finasteride, I have it picked it up yet. I am still hessitant. So if i start finasteride now, I should expect more thinning? I am a diffuse thinnner and my hair is already thin as is. This makes me nervous.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I just got prescription for finasteride, I have it picked it up yet. I am still hessitant. So if i start finasteride now, I should expect more thinning? I am a diffuse thinnner and my hair is already thin as is. This makes me nervous.

technically, you should expect a shed, where you might notice less density, but the shed hairs should come back stronger, thats the objective, but it seems to vary from person to person.

ReasonableMan

Reaction score
It's best to just take the drug and forget about it for a few more months yet. Maybe take photos every couple of months to look back on?

no one does forget about it obviously. You most likely will respond but the 1 year mark is quoted repeatedly on the forums for good reason.

SciroccoWagen

Reaction score
I began to see results 3 months into taking finasteride.